My Rat Rack - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 10-22-2009, 07:33 PM   #11
solanojoe
ok ya thats what i was going to do to

Old 10-23-2009, 04:32 AM   #12
solanojoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by retic88 View Post
Just built a rat rack over the weekend and i really like it. im building 2 more so i have 3 rat racks and im working on a smaller one for mice. may build 2 for mice. here is some pics.

thinking on doing a build to order kinda deal. pick up at one of the Pittsburgh Shows or Ohio Shows
so what does the water hose run in to a water bottle? do minde sending me a pic of it??

Old 10-23-2009, 07:56 AM   #13
suzuki4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom11151979 View Post
I used to breed gerbils on a wholesale level. The only problem is that they don't do well in a colony set up and the female only produces about six babies a month.

You also need to keep them paired for life because they are prone to not getting along if introduced as adults.

you are correct, I have mine 1.2 and they produce normally 6-7 per female

mice don't normally do well mixing them up once colonized either.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:31 AM   #14
Kingetula
I disagree lol! My arguement might be because rats are larger and release more waste and it qucikly begins to stink. I have to change the litter pan at least twices as much. Maybe mice do stink more however Rats produce more waste and the smell gets worse quicker! IMO.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:45 AM   #15
retic88
here is another pic

Old 10-30-2009, 08:26 AM   #16
C.J. Vogler
Hey Paul, sweet rack. I built a couple of these not to long ago and while doing so I noticed a couple things I didn't like about it. I had to change the width of the frame to 20 1/2" and change the spacing for the runners to 3/4" and the space between the shelves to 8" to save on some space. It cut a foot off the total hight of the rack by cutting 2" from each level. I just thought I would put a couple cents in to try and help anyone I can. I do have a question about the way you ran your water though. Do you have enough pressure on the first nipple? I ran mine to the bottm and tee'd off on the way back up to ad pressure but it still doesn't have alot of preesure.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:18 AM   #17
retic88
yes everything is fine with the water lines. i hold the dripper in for a sec and water just sprays out so i know they are getting plenty of water. i noticed they are drinking about a gallon a day

Old 10-30-2009, 09:41 AM   #18
C.J. Vogler
Well that is some good info. I will save myself about 5' of line on the next racks. THANKS.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!