leaving bad karma and karma doesn't go up. - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:19 AM   #21
TripleMoonsExotic
It's just like the tagging feature (which is a GREAT search tool). That got taken away because a few butts can't act like adults. Why not temp-ban the abusers instead of punishing everyone?

Old 10-27-2009, 09:37 AM   #22
hhmoore
Dave,
All I was doing was offering my perspective on one piece of this issue. My guess is that Rich felt that, at least for the time being, the easiest solution to the problems with the negative karma was to disable it. I don't know if that is a temporary measure, or if he plans to re-institute it at some point. By the same token, if it comes back, there may, or may not, be some sort of changes made to the system. Time will tell (or maybe Rich will, lol).

I don't necessarily view removal of the negative karma system as punishment for all, either...that seems to be a bit of a stretch. I liked having it, and used it periodically; but I shrugged off the shutdown pretty easily.

As for Scott's analogy
Quote:
You can't be fired but can only get raises
firing and raises are determined by the company/institution or management.
Negative karma was more like a peer approaching you and saying That was a pretty stupid/offensive/whatever thing to say, or, depending on the message left, hauling off and smacking you across the face. Sometimes constructive criticism is a good thing...but that depends on the recipient's willingness to consider it, as well as the way it is presented.
Oh, and lots of people don't get raises...neither of my employers have offered raises for the past 2 years, and have already said that none are anticipated in 2010.

Old 10-27-2009, 11:47 AM   #23
R. Eventide
I definitely see where you're coming from, Harald, especially the part about trusting people to not change the link to point to whatever post they like. If people can abuse something, they most certainly will.

Old 10-27-2009, 11:53 AM   #24
Mooing Tricycle
I wish the ignore function would work, even when posts are quoted. Dangit.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:12 PM   #25
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
I wish the ignore function would work, even when posts are quoted. Dangit.
I didn't even notice that was gone...I stopped using it on the forums back when I was a WS mod - figured I couldn't really do my job if I couldn't see people's posts.
When looking for it a few minutes ago, I (thankfully) found this option: Hide User Customizations. , Dave, those are some fugly colors you're using on your profile.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:56 PM   #26
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
When looking for it a few minutes ago, I (thankfully) found this option: Hide User Customizations. , Dave, those are some fugly colors you're using on your profile.

I could have done worse.

Old 10-27-2009, 01:58 PM   #27
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Oh no, its there, just, say when Dave quotes he who shall not be named, I see the posts. Otherwise, i dont see the posts made by said person. Get what im saying?

OTHERWISE. THANK YOU FOR TELLING ME ABOUT THIS FUNCTION!!!!

I am going to hide all that Colorful BS crap NOW! HAHA

Edit**
.... I dont have that option.

Old 10-27-2009, 02:36 PM   #28
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
.... I dont have that option.
It's good to be me, then
I found the Add to Ignore List, guess I didn't open enough stuff last time.

Old 10-28-2009, 04:13 PM   #29
Kingetula
So let me see if I understand correctly... The bad Karma option was removed because people were retaliatory and abused it?

However retaliatory posts in the BOI are ok?

I may be wrong in thinking how screwed up this appears but before I really make that comment ( ) I thought I would make sure I understand correctly...

Old 10-28-2009, 04:20 PM   #30
Miss Tuniwha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingetula View Post
So let me see if I understand correctly... The bad Karma option was removed because people were retaliatory and abused it?

However retaliatory posts in the BOI are ok?

I may be wrong in thinking how screwed up this appears but before I really make that comment ( ) I thought I would make sure I understand correctly...
I think that blatant retaliation posts usually get warned to stay on topic, points and if they do not stop, bannings.. etc.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!