Suddenly she's not hungry? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Hognose Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-02-2006, 11:15 PM   #1
TheKingOfPrague
Suddenly she's not hungry?

I have a juvenile hog thats about 5 inches long. I've had her for about three weeks. I've fed her twice already, about 4 days between feedings. I haven't fed her in 6 days, and tonight i put a pinky inside the cage, and she's not interested. She'll sniff it and examine it, but thats it. A little hissing towards it. She hasn't been very active the past few days. I'm in CA, and its starting to cool down and the days are becoming darker faster. I hope she's not trying to hibernate.

Here are my questions: Should i leave the pinky in the cage? Should i try to scent the pinky? Should i start feeding her once every 7 days, so that she'll be hungry for the next feeding?

Thanks

Old 01-26-2006, 09:48 PM   #2
ladyserpent7
try feeding her in the bag that you get the mouse in, like a brown paper bag...my hog also used to go on hunger strikes, and i used to feed her in a shoebox, then i switched to a tighter/smaller spot, like the paper bag, and shes been doing really well,,,hope it works for you...i dont suggest scenting it if its a w. hog, cuz theyre not always known to eat amphibs. and i personally wouldnt want it to get used to that...i would keep it as a last resort,,,good luck

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!