Ornate Females - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum

Notices

Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum This forum is for the purpose of discussing any topics concerning the turtles and tortoises of the world.

Old 09-01-2011, 09:52 PM   #1
PVoelker
Ornate Females

I have three Female ornate box turtles. I have had them for 7-8 years. Indoors for the winter and outside from spring to fall. For the first time two of my females have a lump on the side of their neck. It looks like a big pimple of sorts right behind the eye. Is there a gland in the neck that may be infected? any ideas ?

pv

Old 09-07-2011, 04:03 PM   #2
bigalosu
It could be an infection or flies/insects could have laid eggs; however, I would bet money that they are ear abscesses. Do some looking online and see if the symptoms are similar. If so, take them to a vet. Here is a how to for an example of what they look like. I do not recommend trying this yourself if you have never done it before.
http://www.indianaturtlecare.com/Ear...treatment.html

Old 09-07-2011, 09:56 PM   #3
PVoelker
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalosu View Post
It could be an infection or flies/insects could have laid eggs; however, I would bet money that they are ear abscesses. Do some looking online and see if the symptoms are similar. If so, take them to a vet. Here is a how to for an example of what they look like. I do not recommend trying this yourself if you have never done it before.
http://www.indianaturtlecare.com/Ear...treatment.html

Thank you for the pics, that is exactly what it is - I will take them to our vet - he worked on a male I had several years back. On one of them it has all but gone away so maybe he can give me antibiotics for her.

Again thank you for your time

Pat

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!