Weekend Project --- New Juvenile Rack System for Carpets - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-17-2011, 02:32 PM   #1
CB Reptiles
Weekend Project --- New Juvenile Rack System for Carpets

Had some time on my hands this weekend and put together a new rack for juvies/sub adult carpets. The tub sizes are 25" Long x 16' Wide x 12" High so plenty of height to enjoy the perches. The tubs are Sterilite and I believe they are a new model. They have a handle locking system the is VERY tight so I don't need to retrofit the tubs with any velcro or additional locking systems. See pics below for the type of tub.

Lately, I've been holding back a ton of babies and growing them out so having the next size up on housing is essential for me.

This size would be perfect for 1-2 year old carpets that are not power fed.

I put this together for a fraction of the cost of buying from a reptile supply dealer.

It is more function over form but that is just fine for me!

Cost Breakdown:

Shelving: $70

Heat Tape, wired: $40

Thermostat, Johnson: $75

Dowel Rods for Perches: $15

Tubs: $75

TOTAL: $275.00

Or roughly $28 per unit, not too shabby!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!