Tub size for an adult jungle? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-11-2011, 07:25 PM   #11
myksbs
Well while I'm on here I have another question. I picked up this trio on a trade, and they all have some serious stuck shed. How long should I be soaking them, and how often?

Thanks again

Old 05-27-2011, 04:35 AM   #12
Abby
If you want to use a tub, you can use the big Christmas tree tubs from Walmart. They are also sold on reptiletubs.com, the VE175. They are about 52x22x14 inches if I do recall correctly. I used them for adult carpets, boas, & bloods as well as sub-adult retics and burms. Animal Plastics sells a rack that holds these tubs on their "What's New" page. I'm sure you could build your own rack for them though on a budget.

Old 05-27-2011, 06:04 AM   #13
hhmoore
True - those tubs would work for adults, but they are typically only available for a short time (I've only seen them right after Christmas)...and (at least in my area) it's hit or miss whether a given store will have them. There's always online orders and stock checks, though.
They're a decent tub that I used to have a large rack for; but for whatever reasons I've passed them by in recent years...pretty much just use them for holding adult boas during cage cleaning, now.

Old 05-27-2011, 06:16 AM   #14
Abby
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
True - those tubs would work for adults, but they are typically only available for a short time (I've only seen them right after Christmas)...and (at least in my area) it's hit or miss whether a given store will have them. There's always online orders and stock checks, though.
They're a decent tub that I used to have a large rack for; but for whatever reasons I've passed them by in recent years...pretty much just use them for holding adult boas during cage cleaning, now.
Yep you're right - usually only see them around Xmas, but it sounds like his snakes are still smaller, so he probably has time to wait till this Xmas to get some If not, ordering them is also an option - but they are much cheaper if you wait till Xmas. I found them for $25-30 depending on how bad they wanted to sell them. Shipping for a tub that size would be pretty bad, though. My only complaint is the clunky lid - if I was using them in a rack that wouldn't be an issue though

Old 05-27-2011, 08:56 AM   #15
myksbs
Nice! Thanks for all the info! They are all still under 5 ft so I have some time.

Old 07-22-2011, 01:12 PM   #16
buddyb
Yes, you can use tubs for adult carpets, but you'll need to think outside the "tub". Here area couple of pics of tubs I use for chondros, but these could be easily used for carpets, and you could also go bigger if you wanted to.
Attached Images

Old 07-23-2011, 06:38 PM   #17
JColt
That's actually pretty sharp looking Buddy!

Old 07-23-2011, 10:16 PM   #18
Dansolt929
Warning!

@ Buddy - I like that tub setup.

I personally am very into the aesthetics of a cage though.
If you wanted a decent actual "cage," I bought an Apogee Terrarium about 6 months ago I had planned on giving to some carpets, but never ended up getting them. Its a 6' x 2.5' x 2.5' and when I planned on using it for carpets, it would've been placed vertically. Although its currently placed long-ways, it's holding up pretty well.

For the cage, softtray, and the 2 125 gal. long terrarium liners, It came out to about $150 (also bought a humidifier for the room the reptiles are being kept in too for another $50 shipped) Although if it would've been kept vertically, the softtray and liner would've been about $30 cheaper for the both.

Bang for your buck, Apogee is the way to go. The one I have would house 2-3 adults too. Never going to get another "cage" for that price. And another awesome note, everything is one way or another machine washable except the liner(the nylon cover for the cage can be put in the washing machine, which I've done half a dozen times, and the tube frame can be washed in the dishwasher. I don't have a dishwasher )

Old 07-23-2011, 10:22 PM   #19
Dansolt929
On 2nd thought, I wouldn't put more than 2 in one of those cages, solely because its only hollow plastic frame and the weight of 3 carpets hanging at once might be too much for it. Especially if they're fatties lol.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!