can you identify this roach species - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-12-2004, 06:06 PM   #1
Spydergotboost
can you identify this roach species

i got these from alberto over at A&M Gecko and i have a female with a feeding problem and she simply loves them so if any one knows what they are please let me know and maybe where i can find some thank you billy
Attached Images

Old 09-12-2004, 07:32 PM   #2
Manhattan Herps
i can see they are females (no wings) im no roach expert but they look like false deathheads, i could be very wrong though..alberto didnt say what kind they where?

Old 09-12-2004, 07:36 PM   #3
progeckos
Those look to be discoid roaches (Blaberus discoidales). I know Alberto has some roaches he’s been feeing his knob tails and I think they were discoids.

Old 09-12-2004, 07:43 PM   #4
Spydergotboost
thank you cody i figured you wouldknow i actually poasted this hoping you would see it alberto was told they were lobsters but they are completly different from the lobsters i have and these were also non climbers whitch real lobsters are climbers but now the only question is where can i get more any help?

Old 09-12-2004, 07:49 PM   #5
progeckos
Yeah, those aren’t lobsters. They’re usually somewhat hard to find but I know Clay Davenport has some.

Old 09-13-2004, 12:11 AM   #6
riverjop
there for sale in the insect forum here on fauna!

Old 09-13-2004, 12:19 AM   #7
Clay Davenport
Those are discoids I believe.
As a side note, those are juveniles and that's why they're wingless. Both sexes are winged as adults, they get them with the final molt.

Old 09-13-2004, 07:32 PM   #8
Spydergotboost
The Truth be told

ok well after some tracking down and some good old hard detective work i asked alberto for the name of the person he got them from and then i contacted that person to find out they are blaptica dubia roaches thank you all for the responses it was much appreciated

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!