barrs cages - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 10-06-2005, 09:07 AM   #11
PMHerps
Quote:
I agree. I have one of each . Precision you can get 20 inches depth while barrs unless you order the extra large type is 12 inches depth and thats a big difference.
actually BARRS makes a 24x24x12 cage.. its listed at the bottom of his cage page..

Clay, he also makes a 48x24x16 cage, that can be converted into a shift/trap cage for venomous.. or to separate animals for breeding.. they have been selling well for me…

Old 10-06-2005, 03:45 PM   #12
Luis
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMHerps
actually BARRS makes a 24x24x12 cage.. its listed at the bottom of his cage page..

Clay, he also makes a 48x24x16 cage, that can be converted into a shift/trap cage for venomous.. or to separate animals for breeding.. they have been selling well for me…
24x24x12 $100.00 back vent . A back vent for me is useless . I remember I emailed them awhile ago and asked them if they had or might have in future 24 by 20 inch with top vent for light/bulb and was told no.

His cages go from "small" (12 inch width) to "large" like 48 by 24 nothing in the middle.
If Barrs had 20 inch depth instead of 12 they would sell more cages same way if precision had vented top option instead of bulb in cage they would also sell more.

Old 10-06-2005, 08:31 PM   #13
PMHerps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis
His cages go from "small" (12 inch width) to "large" like 48 by 24 nothing in the middle.
If Barrs had 20 inch depth instead of 12 they would sell more cages same way if precision had vented top option instead of bulb in cage they would also sell more.
guess I'm missing something... he has several 36" cages... I have a bunch of them...
36x24x12
36x12x12
both are available with top vents.. the 24" deep one can have 2 screen tops...
he's not going to do a 20" deep cage because the yield on the material would stink, affecting the price.... too much waste...

and trust me, he sells tons of cages....

Old 10-08-2005, 09:14 AM   #14
JuliusSqueezer
I have some precision cages and I have some Barrs cages. The 4 foot Barrs cage with the slide in divider rocks. It makes keeping a very grumpy eastern diamondback almost a pleasure.

I had to make dividers for all of my 4 foot precisions and split them into double 2 foot cages. Not because I needed lots of 2 foot cages but because they all started sagging on me and the dividers hold them up.

Old 10-08-2005, 04:56 PM   #15
SPJ
I have used both.

The Barrs cages are without a doubt more durable and are of better construction that the Precisions.

You can get also customized ones from Barrs where Precision will not do any custom work.

Also, Doug is a pleasure to deal with.

Old 11-01-2006, 02:25 PM   #16
liquidleaf
I have two BARRs (one 12x12x16, one 20x20x20) and they're great. I'm very happy with them as high-humidity, durable cages and will definitely buy more in the future.

Old 11-01-2006, 03:02 PM   #17
Luis
Since I posted the question I have bought 2 precision cages which I find the best for my non climbing desert geckos as the bulb/s are directly in the cage and ofcourse they cant reach them . Great for night heat or day if needed . For lizards that cant reach bulb but do well with unihibited light,etc these cages are great .

I have bought 2 Barr cages which are great for snakes . Come in only white but if thats no big deal good cage .

I have also bought 4 cages from HighEndHerp cages which I prefer because Custom made (Well made to plus I prefer sliding door ) .

The first two which was my original question are good and if not for the last place which I use now would have bought more of each as no complaints .

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!