Soaking Ball Python. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Old 09-27-2009, 06:21 PM   #1
BSleeper
Soaking Ball Python.

This snake has had be baffled for a while now. He is always chilling in his water dish. But there are no mites. I have kept him on paper towels to make sure there where no black specs on them checked him out thoroughly and i dont see any mites what so ever. Not only that but he is housed in the same rack as my other ball pythons who very rarely sit in their bowls. Is it possible he just likes water?

Old 09-28-2009, 02:01 AM   #2
Helenthereef
Not Balls, but I have 4 boas, only one of whom soaks for long periods of time; might just be a preference.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:26 AM   #3
JordanAng420
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSleeper View Post
This snake has had be baffled for a while now. He is always chilling in his water dish. But there are no mites. I have kept him on paper towels to make sure there where no black specs on them checked him out thoroughly and i dont see any mites what so ever. Not only that but he is housed in the same rack as my other ball pythons who very rarely sit in their bowls. Is it possible he just likes water?
Very possible. I have an evil male who sits in his water dish all day and nothings the matter with him except his piss poor attitude.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:02 PM   #4
BSleeper
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanAng420 View Post
Very possible. I have an evil male who sits in his water dish all day and nothings the matter with him except his piss poor attitude.
Maybe that's a link hes not the friendlies of snakes.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:20 PM   #5
evilcowboy420
Are the temps fine. I noticed when one of my balls got a little over heated she would sit in a water dish. I backed off the hot side temp a little and she stopped doing it. this was a while back with the first ball I got. Check the belly and see if it looks a little like small cracks. They won't be very deep and hardly noticable but I noticed when this happens on the belly they are starting to get over heated. Also check for wrinkles and stuff. I have yet to see a ball who will sit and soak for a long time. Not saying its not possible. Just a few thoughts. Hope everything is good and nothing is wrong.

Old 10-23-2009, 05:52 AM   #6
hhmoore
Does he have a snug hide? If not, he could be telling you he wants one.

Old 09-23-2010, 03:40 PM   #7
brookiebby
My ball does the same thing, and I was told it was because of breeding season... but i don't know ha.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!