R.I. Treatment - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Old 10-29-2009, 01:07 AM   #11
hhmoore
response PMd

Old 10-29-2009, 01:07 AM   #12
hhmoore
response PMd

Old 10-29-2009, 01:08 AM   #13
hhmoore
response PMd

Old 10-29-2009, 10:25 AM   #14
JordanAng420
You want experience? Okay. Here's my experiance with giving Baytril, one of the strongest antibiotics out there, to an animal you don't know that needs it. I have SEVERAL clients that won't go near the stuff anymore.

I had a cat and several dogs go blind overnight from an incorrect dosage.

I had a lizard start having grand mal seizures after it was given until he died 4 hours later.

I had a snake that needed part of his skin & scales removed because the injection was given incorrectly.

But that's just my experience. Who am I to give veterinary advice about animals, or to think that I have any kind of experience with this stuff?

Old 10-29-2009, 01:41 PM   #15
zacalaca
Different vets , differing opinion, who is to say who is right? I don't know you, i know the vet i consulted. I'm not saying you are wrong, i am sayiong i went with who i know and trust.

Old 10-29-2009, 03:11 PM   #16
Mooing Tricycle
guys forget it. there are people who prove themselves to have very little knowledge as they think they do, and will charge on full steam ahead with no regard to the animals wellbeing. they want the cheapest and easiest fix without having to see a vet, or proper testing.

Old 10-29-2009, 04:19 PM   #17
Shadera
Agreed Alicia. I mean, they must've come here asking for advice by mistake, since they know it all already. And the vet must be psychic, to have done that culture sensitivity without laying hands on the animal. Myself, I don't get animals unless I Have the means to get them to a vet. Even here in Hicksville, we have a herp vet.

Old 10-29-2009, 08:14 PM   #18
zacalaca
Well first off, back to the snake. After her first injection she has shown improvement, so i don't regret my decision. Secondly, there are an awful lot of people coming out of the woodwork and being judgemental of me, so let me give you some food for thought. My girlfriend of 5 years, and mother of my child has got herself locked up for reasons i won't discuss. Saying that, i am the sole provider for not only our child now, but i have all taken on all of the responsibilities that we once shared. (bills, animal care, housekeeping etc.) So yes i was trying to be thrifty, and save myself a few dollars by going about it the way i did. I'm sorry if i contradicts what you all believe to be the "right" way of going about things. I don't normally cut any corners when it comes to my animals, (i have the vet bills to prove it) but during the last month i've had to make sacrifices i'd never thought i'd have to make. I don't want ya'll painting a picture of me in your head, that i'm something that i'm not. So i thought i'd give just a taste of why i went about it the way i did. I love my animals and am trying to do the best at everything that i can, but i've always had help, and now my help has made a mistake that has affected our whole lives. Please don't rush to judge me, you never know when you're world might come crumbling down, and you might have to scramble to hold on to the things you love most!!!!

Old 10-29-2009, 10:42 PM   #19
JordanAng420
Boo hoo.

You came here asking for advice.

We gave you advice and you didn't want to hear what we had to say.

I am so sick of giving advice to people that don't want to hear it.

What I told you were experiances of clients of mine that used baytril OFF THE LABEL and suffered the consequences. It's up to you if you want to risk the advice you've been given over the internet. Some of it is illegal, FYI.

Old 10-29-2009, 11:06 PM   #20
Mooing Tricycle
" I'd just be out 30.00 anyway" *rollseyes*

if you wanted to do right by your animals, you would go to ANY vet that can look at bacteria under a microscope, that could then tell you what it is, and how to treat it. if they cant seem to figure it out, they would send those slides to a vet who could, and therefore find you the proper treatment.

it would have been JUST as simple as it was already, but you wanted nothing to do with it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!