Helix Tstats - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 04-07-2006, 07:00 PM   #11
v2rherp
what is v2rslerp? matt? that is very childish

it is v2rherp... i was really looking for expierence from users not jobbers trying to bad mouth products they don't sell and promote the ones they do sell.

vaughn

Old 04-07-2006, 08:31 PM   #12
chondrogal
I'm using over a dozen Helix DBS1000 units, and also have a few of the BigApple units. To date I have never had a failure or temperatures that wouldn't hold consistently on any of the units on either type of thermostat here.

I'm using Helix on my homemade incubator and successfully hatching gtp eggs two years in a row now, on all my adult and sub adult cages. I'm also using the Helix on my baby rack which houses about 30 neonates and young babies under a year currently.

The only connection I have to the Helix company is that I also purchased a neonate python from the company owner a few months ago. Haven't spoken to him since but sure enjoy the snake and the thermostats so far!!

Old 04-07-2006, 11:29 PM   #13
MGReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by v2rherp
i was really looking for expierence from users not jobbers trying to bad mouth products they don't sell and promote the ones they do sell.
vaughn
Your right I dont know anything about the thermostat market..lol I dont sell the Helix's anymore because they are not up to par. Why not offer the public a better unit for less money with better customer service.. Sure. there are lots of people that use the Helix units and are perfectly happy with them, thats great and I honestly hope they perform well for them. I hope helix can pull their act together and get the stats to their origional goodness but until my customer base tells me they are having terrific results with them I will continue to let people know there are better options... It just amazes me to see people get so tore up over a thermostat "brand"..lol..

Old 04-09-2006, 12:24 PM   #14
Jasin
I don't post much, but I too have had problems with Helix products. I now have 3 sitting in my closet that do not work accurately. The codes displayed make absolutely no sense when compared to the manual?? I have tried to call the phone # in reptiles Mag. and it is a fax machine #. I have changed the fuses in one, and one of the others will not work at all even with a new fuse. I still have 3 in use, but am constantly checking with temp guns to be sure I don't cook anything. Hope this helps.
Jasin

Old 04-09-2006, 03:49 PM   #15
jglass38
I say use what works for you. If Helix have been good to you, stay with them. If you like BAH's, well then thats great. I have a couple Herpstats and love them. Reliable and the customer service from Dion is second to none. I'm not on anybody's payroll (unfortunately!). In all honesty, I have never used a Helix so I can't comment on their reliability or customer service. I know a lot of breeders use them succesfully!

Good luck all!
J

Old 04-22-2006, 11:15 AM   #16
MGReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by jglass38
I'm not on anybody's payroll (unfortunately!). J
GIve me a ring, maybe we can fix that

Old 04-22-2006, 11:46 AM   #17
Casey Hulse
I have sold hundreds of Helix DBS1000 units and have had ZERO complaints. I also have a couple of Herpstats and they work fine also.
Quote:
Just curious but are you on the Helix payroll now? If you are you need to tell the 1000 kids in singapore building these things to double and triple check their work...
So the Helix are made in Singapore now?

Old 05-18-2006, 09:58 AM   #18
Roy Munson
Angry

I have two racks connected to a Herpstat Proportional, and two more controlled by a Helix DBS-1000. The Herpstat maintains a very tight temp range; the Helix does not.

I woke up this morning to find one of the Helix controlled racks cooking, and the other one hardly warm. The thermostat reading was 74*. The ambient temps in my apartment have been the same for weeks (or longer) and the thermostat has read between 83* and 87* until this morning. What the heck caused this drop? The probe is in the cold rack, so the Helix displayed that it was applying max output to the heat cables, but it seemed to really be only applying max power to the hot rack. I messed with the probe, and put it back in, and it stabilized at 82*. So I set the system to 81*. I had to go to work, but now I'm worried. I'll probably try to leave work early to check on things.

So I'm done with Helix. I just ordered another Herpstat, and it can't get here soon enough.

Old 05-18-2006, 10:25 AM   #19
Casey Hulse
I would say the cold rack became unplugged, or lost electricity for some reason. The Helix read the cold one and turned on full blast. I can think of no other way for the helix to heat one and not the other if they are both plugged into the same elec. cord. I would check your connections, and make sure they cannot become unplugged. Good luck.

Old 05-18-2006, 02:53 PM   #20
Casey Hulse
There may also be a short in the wiring in the cold rack, I would check all the electrical connections in both racks, could be a loose wire.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!