Sellers who intentionally misrepresent - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 02-10-2007, 04:20 PM   #1
Wilomn
Sellers who intentionally misrepresent

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=95614

The above link is to an add that is misprepresenting some Calkings. This same seller has coined a new phase, copper, which looks amazingly akin to hypo or possible rubyeye calkings and when he had pointed out that the snakes in the above ad were NOT black and white, merely locked and then deleted the thread in which he was questioned.

When I asked him about the new and previously unheardof "copper" calking, he simply ingored the question entirely.

It seems to be a theme with jnjreptiles and one which I don't much favor for ANYONE. I breed calkings and have been involved with them for many years and am seeing more and more creative names made up just to sell them, which is FINE if it's based on fact or can be proven.

But to sell brown and yellows, which are coastal and tend to have much more pattern variablity than do the desert calkings, as which are black and white or VERY dark brown and white with nowhere near the pattern variability, especailly after it's been pointed out, seems somewhat like lying to make a sale to me which is not right.

So, I'm sort of curious about what you, The Faithful Fauna Readers, think of sellers like jnj who are doing this.

I think it sucks and should not be tolerated when it is so blatantly done.

It's one thing to make an innocent mistake but in this instance, I do not think it was either an mistake or innocent.

I tried to do a screen capture of the ad as I am sure it will disappear soon, but couldn't get it small enough to post. I've got it saved though.

Old 02-10-2007, 05:23 PM   #2
SPJ
I'm no expert on kings so I won't even attempt to get into this conversation with the exception of this one statement.

This is what the ad states.
Quote:
3.0 B&W California King Snakes.
Based on the photos those are not B&W snakes. Definitely yellow.

As fas as what I can see from the ad, that is the only thing I can find wrong with it.

Old 02-10-2007, 05:31 PM   #3
Wolfy-hound
I don't know kings at all, so forgive if what I say doesn't make sense... but...
He said they are B&W cal kings. He posted pictures. Soo... are they B&W Cal kings that happen to have yellowish markings instead of clean white ones? Becuase I'd say that means they are still B&W cal kings. With the pictures right there, it's not like you'd think they would come in the box and be bright white instead of that yellowish color... right?
Or.. are these something else(as seen because of the yellowish bands) and he is saying they are B&Ws?
With the pictures right there, I'd say it's not blatant lying, since you can look at the actual snake. Keep in mind that I do NOT know kings, so if there is something that I don't know about them that is not represented in the picture, that makes calling them B&W false, then that would be wrong.
If you call a snake a type, and it's not that type, then of course, that's false advertising. Bad thing.
Wolfy(who now is driven nuts by the fact that she doesn't know what's up with kings.)

Old 02-10-2007, 05:40 PM   #4
SPJ
B&W = Desert Kings
B&Y = Coastal Kings.

2 different types of kings if you were looking to add to breeding stock.

Other than that, which may be an honest mistake based upon the way the ad is written, it doesn't make him a bad guy.

But if he did change the ad and knows they are not desert kings and still tries to sell them as such, then that would be bad.

Old 02-10-2007, 05:46 PM   #5
texasnewbie
Is he aware of this thread?

Old 02-10-2007, 05:50 PM   #6
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ

As fas as what I can see from the ad, that is the only thing I can find wrong with it.
From what I read of Wes' statement Steve, he is saying the problem stemmed from another ad that jnjreptiles then deleted and posted a new ad. The link is to the new ad.

Old 02-10-2007, 05:59 PM   #7
jasballs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Amy
From what I read of Wes' statement Steve, he is saying the problem stemmed from another ad that jnjreptiles then deleted and posted a new ad. The link is to the new ad.
Yea, He did that on a bp ad he had up. As I was questioning him on a possible typo he change the ad! You can tell by the little (edit on??) at the bottom. I'll never even think about buying from that KID! Last time I had a vibe about someone like this it was CJ...

Old 02-10-2007, 06:02 PM   #8
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Amy
If that is the case, then it would appear to me that when Wes questioned him about the snakes, he took out was was incorrect and posted a new ad.
That would mean he is trying to be honest about them.
He just may have purchased these snakes as B&W and is listing them as such.

To me, it looks like to only thing wrong with the new ad is he is calling these B&W kings which would mean they are desert kings which they are not.

That may just be an honest mistake.

Old 02-10-2007, 06:03 PM   #9
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasballs
Yea, He did that on a bp ad he had up. As I was questioning him on a possible typo he change the ad! You can tell by the little (edit on??) at the bottom. I'll never even think about buying from that KID! Last time I had a vibe about someone like this it was CJ...
So he has a history of putting up deceptive ads to sell animals until he gets caught? Adds a whole new perspective to this.

Old 02-10-2007, 06:05 PM   #10
texasnewbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnewbie
Is he aware of this thread?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!