vitamin spray - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 10-05-2004, 09:09 PM   #1
TooManyBurmese
vitamin spray

I have Jackson's Chameleons and recently green iguanas.

I see a lot of vitamin sprays out there, and I do use them.

Are they recommended? Is one brand better than another? What nutrients should I look for while shopping for a spray?

Old 10-05-2004, 09:14 PM   #2
TooManyBurmese
Just to clarify, I am talking about the external body spray...

Old 10-12-2004, 09:39 AM   #3
Mark and Aimee
Little, if any, vitamins will be absorbed through your reptile's skin. Try herptivite by Rep-Cal, it is a powder designed to be orally ingested, and works great.

Old 10-12-2004, 10:56 AM   #4
jenn_jeffery
I agree, use a good UVB light, and supplemental powders on the bugs for the chams, or their greens, and on the greens for the iggys. There are some sprays that go on the food if for some reason the animal refuses to eat the food with powder--I've seen some but not many do this. The Herptivite and Rep-Cal seem to be the most recommended. Check with someone else about the D3 calcium, I'm really not sure which you would need with either species (D3, or no D3).

Old 10-14-2004, 08:17 AM   #5
Mark and Aimee
Quote:
Check with someone else about the D3 calcium, I'm really not sure which you would need with either species (D3, or no D3).
Jackson's Chameleons and Green Iguanas both need D3 in one shape or form... If they are kept outside most of the year, I would not worry about adding D3 to their diet. If they are kept indoors year round, it wouldn't hurt to use a calcium w/D3 added.

Old 10-15-2004, 12:00 AM   #6
TooManyBurmese
I have got both enclosures set up with UVa/b lights (expensive bulbs!! hee hee) I also use a gut load for the crickets (Flukers brand) and both a powder (TREX) and a pellet by Kaytee in addition to their fresh veggies.

I just saw so many sprays on the shelf that I wanted to know if I had wasted my money. The spray I got is made by Four Paws, and claims to help with D3.

Since most of the iggies came in with crappy skin, will this spray help in any way at all or should I just toss the spray?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!