Buying to resell. Your thoughts? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-18-2015, 12:11 PM   #1
Big Borg Reptiles
Buying to resell. Your thoughts?

I know there are going to be mixed opinions on this, and I can definitely see things from both sides. I'm just curious what people think and why.

Do you think it's wrong to buy wholesale lots of snakes and resell them? Or just buy a couple snakes cheap to resell for market price? Assume that you're keeping them for a minimum of three months to make sure they're healthy and eating well and not just "flipping" them (THAT I am not ok with at all).

I'm just looking for your opinion and your reasoning, I don't feel especially strong about it either way.

Old 02-18-2015, 12:46 PM   #2
j_dunlavy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMB-2 View Post
I know there are going to be mixed opinions on this, and I can definitely see things from both sides. I'm just curious what people think and why.

Do you think it's wrong to buy wholesale lots of snakes and resell them? Or just buy a couple snakes cheap to resell for market price? Assume that you're keeping them for a minimum of three months to make sure they're healthy and eating well and not just "flipping" them (THAT I am not ok with at all).

I'm just looking for your opinion and your reasoning, I don't feel especially strong about it either way.
I don't have a problem with it, if it is done responsibly.
I have a couple snakes from someone who does that from time to time. He runs a QT and gets them going first. He is honest about the snake, where it came from, etc.
Sometimes good breeders just end up with a surplus and another good breeder may have a poor season, thus moving the snakes around may help both people.

Old 02-18-2015, 12:49 PM   #3
snowgyre
Reselling is different than flipping. Flipping generally means you get an animal and immediately place it for sale without doing any quarantine or seeing if the animal will actually feed for you. If you do end up flipping a sick animal, your reputation will likely be destroyed.

Old 02-18-2015, 01:02 PM   #4
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre View Post
Reselling is different than flipping. Flipping generally means you get an animal and immediately place it for sale without doing any quarantine or seeing if the animal will actually feed for you. If you do end up flipping a sick animal, your reputation will likely be destroyed.
This is my exact issue with flipping. Why anyone would attach their name and reputation to an animal they know nothing about does not make sense to me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!