SOLD!! 1.1 Oocatochus rufodorsatus - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes

Notices

Old 11-04-2021, 08:32 PM   #1
AppEcto
1.1 Oocatochus rufodorsatus

These are probably not technically rat snakes anymore since they've been moved to their own genus, but they were formerly Elaphe and one of their common names is frog-eating rat snake so this seemed like a good place for them. This species was commonly imported years ago, but hasn't been available at all for some time since. I got a small group of captive bred newborns exported from Europe and have since transitioned them all to feeding on thawed pinkies. While their natural diet is predominantly fish and frogs, these juveniles now prefer unscented pinkies to fish when I offer both.

They're active, inquisitive snakes that are easy to care for. With their semiaquatic habits, smaller size, and live birth, they're somewhat like an Asian version of our garter snakes. While I planned to keep all of them, I've decided it would be nice to get a pair in someone else's hands just in case something catastrophic happens since these are currently nonexistant in the North American hobby. SOLD
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 11-12-2021, 10:55 AM   #2
chongorojo
Those are awesome! I hope you posted them in the garter side as well.

Old 11-12-2021, 11:54 PM   #3
toddnbecka
What's the adult size, and what are their temp/humidity requirements?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!