Shipping question - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:05 PM   #1
Leibowem
Shipping question

I am going to be shipping my first Crested Gecko out tomorrow. The temperatures are going to be cool so I was planning on including a heat pack... but my question is, where do I put the heat pack? Underneath the newspaper which is under the gecko? Any other tips would be appreciated! Thanks!

Old 02-11-2009, 08:22 AM   #2
TripleMoonsExotic
Tape the heat pack to the side of the box. Make sure their is newspaper between the deli and the heat pack so that the gecko does not have direct contact with the heat pack.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:00 AM   #3
Clay Davenport
Also pay attention to which way you face the heat pack. Many have a front and back side and the front should face into the box. The package should mention this. The packs I use have a red stripe on the front.
Only tape around the edges of the heat pack too, they require exposure to oxygen in order to create the heat.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!