For Sale Cuora mccordi babies 2019 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Turtles/Tortoises

Notices

Old 09-25-2020, 02:07 AM   #1
PETR PETRAS
Cuora mccordi babies 2019

I have for sale group of Cuora mccordi babies from 2019, they are all perfect, except one with tiny extra scute, perfectly, smoothly grown already to 8 cm (3.2 inch). Despite being one of rarest turtle species of the world due habitat loss and over collection for pet trade in 90´, they are easy to keep in captivity.
Though they are still rare in captivity, their price is not as insane as for some colour morphs.
Contact me at TURTLES.BREEDING (AT) CENTRUM.CZ for futher info, if you are SERIOUSLY interested. Please, keep in mind they are located in Europe, so CITES export import paperwork needs to be issued.
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 09-25-2020, 06:56 AM   #2
Kfen
FYI you are not going to be able to export to the US because they are under 4".

Old 09-25-2020, 08:28 AM   #3
PETR PETRAS
well, I heard its possible to import up to 5 specimens under 4 inch for personal use, as pet...
  Contact User Check User
Old 09-25-2020, 09:22 AM   #4
Mighty J
Know that of which you speak please. See https://www.cdc.gov/importation/brin...s/turtles.html

"Turtles with a carapace (shell) length of less than 4 inches and turtle eggs may not be imported for any commercial purpose. An individual may import as many as six small turtles or six eggs or any combination totaling six or fewer turtles and turtle eggs for noncommercial purposes. This rule was implemented in 1975 after it was discovered that small turtles frequently transmitted Salmonella to humans, particularly young children."

Carry on Petr!

Old 09-25-2020, 11:31 AM   #5
Kfen
I'm aware of that rule too. I'm not a lawyer, nor a customs agent or any other law officer, but since you have them for sale, I think that is considered commercial. You also showed more than six. If you can get them here, great. Was not trying to criticize or stop you, just inform. Good luck, they are beautiful.

Old 09-25-2020, 11:35 AM   #6
zovick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty J View Post
Know that of which you speak please. See https://www.cdc.gov/importation/brin...s/turtles.html

"Turtles with a carapace (shell) length of less than 4 inches and turtle eggs may not be imported for any commercial purpose. An individual may import as many as six small turtles or six eggs or any combination totaling six or fewer turtles and turtle eggs for noncommercial purposes. This rule was implemented in 1975 after it was discovered that small turtles frequently transmitted Salmonella to humans, particularly young children."

Carry on Petr!
Yes, as Jim said above, up to 6 turtles under 4" can be imported for one's personal and non-commercial use, and if you are importing the animals for "scientific purposes" more than 6 animals under 4" may be imported at one time as well. In my experience, some of the EU countries' CITES authorities will not issue the export permits for scientific purposes however, so be aware of that and look into it very carefully prior to attempting to try that avenue if you want more than 6 animals.

Old 09-25-2020, 11:48 AM   #7
zovick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kfen View Post
I'm aware of that rule too. I'm not a lawyer, nor a customs agent or any other law officer, but since you have them for sale, I think that is considered commercial. You also showed more than six. If you can get them here, great. Was not trying to criticize or stop you, just inform. Good luck, they are beautiful.
There is a sticky wicket to be considered here. As Kevin noted, the animals are not being given away, they are being offered for sale. The fact that the animals are being sold rather than simply given away is what prevents the EU from issuing the "scientific purpose" CITES permits. I believe that a permit issued for any number of these animals by an EU member country will by definition say they are being transferred for commercial purposes and they will be held up at US Customs.

Old 09-25-2020, 01:52 PM   #8
Mighty J
Bill, my great wise friend, it will be up to EU CITES what they permit or not. Once they issue it, if they do, it becomes a sort of sovereign document. If Petr succeeds in obtaining them, then so be it.

Old 09-25-2020, 02:37 PM   #9
zovick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty J View Post
Bill, my great wise friend, it will be up to EU CITES what they permit or not. Once they issue it, if they do, it becomes a sort of sovereign document. If Petr succeeds in obtaining them, then so be it.
Well, I speak from personal experiences with the importation of 50 baby Hermann's Tortoises and two importations of small groups of Travancore Tortoises, all from EU countries, so I think I understand very well what's involved. I am just saying that I was told multiple times that no EU CITES Permits could be issued for anything other than "Commercial" purpose if any money was reported to have changed hands when the application for the export permit was submitted. Note the word "reported".

I am just saying that from my experiences with the European Union CITES Authorities, Petr will not be able to obtain an export permit for anything but "Commercial" purposes because he is selling the turtles. Once the US Customs people see Commercial on the Permit, they won't let the turtles enter the country if they even get this far, because it is highly doubtful any US CITES import permit would be issued for commercial purposes.

What I learned is that both the import and export permits must state the transaction is for the same purpose. If they don't match, the animals are held by customs or returned to the sender.

If he is able to get the export permit for anything other than Commercial use, I would be very surprised, though I have no idea how well connected he might be in his country.

Old 09-25-2020, 04:51 PM   #10
Mighty J
Since Coura mccordi is CITES II, I was not aware that a US CITES II import was required??? Is it not that only CITES I require an import CITES to match the CITES I export??

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!