Blocked gecko related website - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 08-30-2008, 02:02 AM   #11
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill
Would I be the only person who sees this person as being both facetious and snide? Three posts into her membership and two of them seem to be direct pot shots at Rich.
Well now, I wonder why that would be?

Maybe Marcia should become penpals with Greathouse and Sloan.....

Yeah, Marcia, I'm the one with a problem......
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2008, 02:08 AM   #12
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave

Busted Marcia!!

Old 08-30-2008, 02:40 AM   #13
critical bill
Quote:

Yikes. Golden Gate Grandma is a phony and a fraud.

Old 08-30-2008, 03:12 AM   #14
shrap
I am the first to admit that sometimes people and events on this forum get under my skin and I do not always react to it the best that I could. We are all human and sometimes our emotions get the best of us. I am certainly guilty as charged on that account.

But I have to say that I really wish people would keep things in perspective around here and quit blowing a lot of petty crap out of proportion. NONE of the stupid arguments on here, or any other forum for that matter, should ever get to the point that it does sometimes. Especially between people who are ultimately good people that I know dont really intend to cause harm to anyone.

I am not sure how many of you know this, but I am a single father raising my daughter by myself. Have had full custody of my kid for ten years now. Just a few short months ago one of my daughters best friends died. Well, to be more accurate... her father put a bullet in her head, followed by putting a bullet in her mom's head, followed by putting a bullet in his own head.

This friend of hers had spent countless nights at our house on sleepovers during the last couple of years. As well as my daughter sleeping over at their house. It has been a rough ride trying to get my 13 year old daughter, as well as myself, over this.

The father of her friend was a wonderful caring person who would give you the shirt off his back. To this day I can make no sense of what happened or why. And I can make even less sense of some of the stuff I see happening around here by other people that I know are just as wonderful and caring as this man was.

Old 08-30-2008, 03:40 AM   #15
KelliH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Owens
Kelli,
I agree that it's unfortunate that this strife still continues. However, I don't know how anyone could fault Rich for what he's done here. I have seen multiple instances in the last year where Marcia has sought to prod Rich with these kind of comments. This current instance was just the straw that broke the camel's back for Rich, and quite frankly, I think that he has been more than patient until now. I know that if I was in his shoes, I wouldn't put up with someone continually taking digs at me on my own site...why should he?

How many times has it been said around here, that if you poke a bear long enough, eventually you're going to get the teeth?

In addition, during the time that Marcia has been taking these passive aggressive shots at Rich, I haven't seen Rich reciprocate with like pettiness. From what I have seen, the "little digs" have been pretty one sided. In my mind, such actions are representative of a person's character...for both of them.
Yeah it is real unfortunate Jay. I love Marcia very much, that goes without saying, but she speaks her mind and says whatever she wants without consulting me. Trust me we have more important things to discuss with each other than what goes on here on this website.

I think it is quite clear now that I am not wanted here and that he is never going to get past what happened. I feel like an idiot for even trying for so long.

The fact of the matter is that my gecko forum website would have been successful even if none of the terrible stuff would have ever happened in 2005. You know it and I know it. I did not steal people away from here at all.

I'm really very sorry this all got brought back up again. It is very painful. It brings up bad memories and makes me sad. My pain and Rich's pain too is genuine and my hope was that someday we could heal it but looks like it won't ever happen. I'm sorry for that but what the hell else can I do to show that I am? Nothing will make any difference. I don't know what else to say.

Old 08-30-2008, 09:33 AM   #16
Chameleon Company
Makes you wonder Sammy. Regarding the forums, sometimes I figure its where people come to vent frustration that they can't deal with elsewhere. In the larger realm of things, it seems sometimes otherwise good folks lose perspective, and then they are not such good folks. "Molehills become mountains", and then "bridges get burned", and then lesser angels take over. I'm 35 miles from Disney, with reptiles and adult beverages ! Great winter destination. Take care.

Old 08-30-2008, 10:58 AM   #17
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH
It is very painful. It brings up bad memories and makes me sad.
Yeah, me too, Kelli. I'll never forget.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:55 AM   #18
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
Yeah, me too, Kelli. I'll never forget.
Who had 10:58 AM Eastern time in the pool?

Old 08-30-2008, 01:35 PM   #19
WebSlave
Yeah..... Whatever......

I'm tired of people trying to make things "difficult" on this site for everyone else, including me. I have come to the conclusion that temporary bans, suspensions with fines, etc., just do not work. If someone appears to be hell bent to make things difficult for me to get this site in efficient and respectable running order, then a permanent ban is in their future concerning this site. No more amnesties, change of heart, or believing their lies that they will change their ways if given a second (or third, or fourth, or fifth) chance. They will be out of here for good.

Personally, I really don't care that someone starts up their own website and whether or not it becomes successful or just another "also ran". But I do not, and will not, appreciate someone spamming this site, even using proxies to do so, to try to solicit members, and nor will I be ignorant of anyone's efforts to try to belittle ME or THIS site in order to make THEIR site seem to appear more attractive by comparison.

Quite frankly, I'm not even sure this site will be financially sound enough to still be here when I find I have to retire from my own reptile breeding business and that financial base goes away, so I feel I have absolutely nothing at all to lose by focusing on making this site please ME until that day comes. I may even welcome cutting loose the headache this site has been for years now. Certainly some people will applaud this event, and even others will consider their efforts a success in bringing that about. Surely some of my own bad decisions will have contributed to their efforts as well. At least I can say I tried my best.

So if you want to try to piss me off, have at it. But it won't happen HERE for long. I doubt anyone can claim I have not been extremely tolerant to the verbal beatings people have thrown my way, but perhaps old age is taking it's toll, as I will no longer have the patience to provide to you the space on this site for such insults and attacks.

I have always thought that people deserve all the freedom of expression that can be legally given them. It is pretty daunting to realize that some people just need to be, and deserve to be, muzzled and locked in the basement.

Old 08-30-2008, 03:50 PM   #20
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Yeah..... Whatever......

I'm tired of people trying to make things "difficult" on this site for everyone else, including me. I have come to the conclusion that temporary bans, suspensions with fines, etc., just do not work. If someone appears to be hell bent to make things difficult for me to get this site in efficient and respectable running order, then a permanent ban is in their future concerning this site. No more amnesties, change of heart, or believing their lies that they will change their ways if given a second (or third, or fourth, or fifth) chance. They will be out of here for good.

Personally, I really don't care that someone starts up their own website and whether or not it becomes successful or just another "also ran". But I do not, and will not, appreciate someone spamming this site, even using proxies to do so, to try to solicit members, and nor will I be ignorant of anyone's efforts to try to belittle ME or THIS site in order to make THEIR site seem to appear more attractive by comparison.

Quite frankly, I'm not even sure this site will be financially sound enough to still be here when I find I have to retire from my own reptile breeding business and that financial base goes away, so I feel I have absolutely nothing at all to lose by focusing on making this site please ME until that day comes. I may even welcome cutting loose the headache this site has been for years now. Certainly some people will applaud this event, and even others will consider their efforts a success in bringing that about. Surely some of my own bad decisions will have contributed to their efforts as well. At least I can say I tried my best.

So if you want to try to piss me off, have at it. But it won't happen HERE for long. I doubt anyone can claim I have not been extremely tolerant to the verbal beatings people have thrown my way, but perhaps old age is taking it's toll, as I will no longer have the patience to provide to you the space on this site for such insults and attacks.

I have always thought that people deserve all the freedom of expression that can be legally given them. It is pretty daunting to realize that some people just need to be, and deserve to be, muzzled and locked in the basement.
Sometimes, all one needs to do is sit back and let the dirt shift to the bottom. No one can hide their true colors for long. I am sure you will do what you believe best for yourself, your family and your business.

However, those bolded words gave me pause because...truer words were never spoken!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!