Blocked gecko related website - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 08-31-2008, 10:19 AM   #31
KelliH
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard
True colors are just that, why am I not surprised? Karma is a hell of a thing Milana, or should I say Marcia, it always comes back to bite you in the ass.

I must agree with Kelli, it is sad, truly sad indeed, however I do think the sadness I see is in a much different light. For the last, well over a year there has been a few that have really tried to bring everyone else down. To loose this is not a bad thing in my opinion, it should even raise the dark cloud a bit. Who in the hell needs the doom and gloom some have tried to plant on Fauna? I really think it is not needed here, and that is just my honest opinion.
Look, I'm not trying to bring anyone down. I'm just trying to keep air in my lungs and maybe have some fun every now and then. So sorry if I seem sad sometimes but I DID NOT BRING THIS CRAP UP AGAIN, remember?

Old 08-31-2008, 11:21 AM   #32
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH
Look, I'm not trying to bring anyone down. I'm just trying to keep air in my lungs and maybe have some fun every now and then. So sorry if I seem sad sometimes but I DID NOT BRING THIS CRAP UP AGAIN, remember?
No, you didn't. Your friend Marcia did.

However, your prior post is over the top. I did not ban jasballs, Dr. Owens did. Unfortunately, I don't see how jasballs getting banned can be justified without you invoking the same penalty.

Old 08-31-2008, 11:41 AM   #33
deborahbroadus
Is anyone getting the idea that Webslave may be tired of us fighting each other, and calling each other names?

(Reminds me of something I learned from the times when I always had a smart remark to respond to someone that irked me: "Just because a dog barks does not mean you have to bark back!"

Old 08-31-2008, 12:07 PM   #34
Chameleon Company
Well ...

Quote:
However, your prior post is over the top. I did not ban jasballs, Dr. Owens did. Unfortunately, I don't see how jasballs getting banned can be justified without you invoking the same penalty.
Just IMMHO, but Stranahan had a history of being garbage here. His visual reputation supports not just MMHO, but a concensus of other members. Kelli was highly respected in both the Fauna community, and also the greater community, again by all the same standards. Of course, its your site Rich. John's recent posts only confirmed his similarities to excrement, which were closer and greater than I earlier thought, and I thought him quite putrid even then. In my fantasies, I suspect Kelli actually craps better than him! You don't see it, and yet it is night and day to me. Depends on where one is sitting, I guess. Kelli was too polite IMMHO, by a country mile, and my belief is that your otherwise good judgment failed you here Rich. But heck, it is your site.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:27 PM   #35
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon Company
Just IMMHO, but Stranahan had a history of being garbage here. His visual reputation supports not just MMHO, but a concensus of other members. Kelli was highly respected in both the Fauna community, and also the greater community, again by all the same standards. Of course, its your site Rich. John's recent posts only confirmed his similarities to excrement, which were closer and greater than I earlier thought, and I thought him quite putrid even then. In my fantasies, I suspect Kelli actually craps better than him! You don't see it, and yet it is night and day to me. Depends on where one is sitting, I guess. Kelli was too polite IMMHO, by a country mile, and my belief is that your otherwise good judgment failed you here Rich. But heck, it is your site.
Subtle, Jim, but still flaunting my request in this thread.

Anyone else interested to test my resolve to end this sort of crap on this site?

Old 08-31-2008, 12:41 PM   #36
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Subtle, Jim, but still flaunting my request in this thread.

Anyone else interested to test my resolve to end this sort of crap on this site?
I don't think you missed anything Rich, looks like you can see right through smoke screen. I will also add the whole love thing is far from fact, actions speak louder then words.

I will agree with you on one thing Jim, it is Rich's site. And it do look like he is home now.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:45 PM   #37
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard
I don't think you missed anything Rich, looks like you can see right through smoke screen. I will also add the whole love thing is far from fact, actions speak louder then words.

I will agree with you on one thing Jim, it is Rich's site. And it do look like he is home now.

Quote:
You have given out too much karma in the last 24 hours, try again later.
Great post!

I love it when CLARITY prevails. Actions DO speak louder than words.

Old 08-31-2008, 04:38 PM   #38
Critterfarm
Rich -

I'm not part of the 'in crowd' here, so my opinion may not count as much as some others, but I'd like to point out one silver lining to this whole mess.

I'm registered on the other forum, only so I can see pictures. Don't think I've ever posted there, I usually just hit their classifieds. The quality of posts on your gecko forums had to have increased by a huge margin, as the un-named gecko forum is now a magnet for "Name my new baby" and "Wut Morf did I Get?" style of garbage posts. It's sad that advertisers choose to support that over Fauna, but frankly IMO you're better off without 75% of those posters.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:03 PM   #39
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critterfarm
Rich -

I'm not part of the 'in crowd' here, so my opinion may not count as much as some others, but I'd like to point out one silver lining to this whole mess.

I'm registered on the other forum, only so I can see pictures. Don't think I've ever posted there, I usually just hit their classifieds. The quality of posts on your gecko forums had to have increased by a huge margin, as the un-named gecko forum is now a magnet for "Name my new baby" and "Wut Morf did I Get?" style of garbage posts. It's sad that advertisers choose to support that over Fauna, but frankly IMO you're better off without 75% of those posters.
Jerry,

I can safely say that Rich listens to all opinions whether they are from the "in crowd" or from a new member. That said, the opinion needs to be relevant.

You have been a member of this site since 2004. The leopard gecko forum was pretty active in its heyday. Now it's part of the "Geckos" forum. There were two posts there today, three on the 27th, and before that the 25th. To say that it's an inactive forum would be stating the obvious.

Rich makes money from ads. Google adwords are paid on a per page impression or per click basis, primarily the latter. If no one is making new posts in a forum no one is going there and clicking on ads. Advertisers go where the page views are. Without looking I would guess that "the other site" has 500,000-1,000,000 page views per month if not more. Rich's gripe is that "the other site" has taken those page views, and hence related income from this site. Really and truly, the leopard gecko forum was the most active discussion forum here at Fauna outside of the BOI.

I'm not a gecko person and really have no dog in this fight, but I should disclose that I host "the other site" on my server and do help Kelli with some technical aspects of running "the other site". That came about long after "the other site" was established. I'll say here what I have said in the past. People go to the places with the best content. I read less than 0.1% of what is posted at "the other site" but I know that it is photo intensive and there is a lot of "ooo-ing" and "ahh-ing". Evidently that is what its members want. There is also lots of real content there. Perhaps actually reading it beyond looking at a few photos and then the classifieds will convince you of that, perhaps not. Either way, that site is successful because it has what readers want, and despite its shortcomings. No site is entitled to traffic or immune from competition. Lots of sites have tried to set up BOI type forums and none have succeeded to the extent that Fauna has succeeded. Similarly, I doubt that any gecko site is as successful as "the other site" is in that niche.

I understand that Rich was hurt by Kelli and Marcia and some of the others. To me carrying grudges is emotional poison, and carrying grudges over childish behavior that is not indicative of a person's true character is a total waste. Kelli had every right to set up her site and compete. Competition is the capitalist way. Similarly, Bobby Hill, who has had some less than nice things to say about this site at times, and has set up a competing site with a competing forum (see http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/ and more specifcally http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42) loves to get into these discussions, but he's done the same thing. If he loved this site so much why is he competing?

Anyway, I'm done ranting too. If I get the boot so be it.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:29 PM   #40
lanceheads
Good post Jim!

Randal

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!