Editing - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 08-03-2020, 02:55 PM   #1
StuTennyson
Editing

Cant seem to be able to edit my posts anymore. I need to mark them as sold

Old 08-03-2020, 03:33 PM   #2
Socratic Monologue
Stu, have you tried editing from the classified control panel? Click on 'user CP' on the left end of the header on this page, then on 'classifieds panel' to see a list of you ads and actions you can take.

Old 08-03-2020, 03:58 PM   #3
WebSlave
If your posts are older than 365 days, then they will no longer be able to be edited.

There is a global setting in place for this limit because of problems in the past from some jokers getting their panties in a wad over something and then wanting to go back to EVERY post they ever made here and edit out the text. Of course I had to put a stop to that practice.

Old 08-12-2021, 05:06 PM   #4
SimbaTheIguana
I am having this same issue. I tried the "user cp" explanation and still didn't see option to switch: I can not switch my post from "for sale" to "sold". The option is not there anymore. I switched it easily on another post a few weeks ago, but am unable to switch now. Even my updates in the title bar and body where I tried to write SOLD and save changes is not working. Contacted the site thru contact us: they told me they don't post classifieds themselves, and I needed to ask on the forum. Any help appreciated!

Old 08-13-2021, 10:16 AM   #5
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimbaTheIguana View Post
I am having this same issue. I tried the "user cp" explanation and still didn't see option to switch: I can not switch my post from "for sale" to "sold". The option is not there anymore. I switched it easily on another post a few weeks ago, but am unable to switch now. Even my updates in the title bar and body where I tried to write SOLD and save changes is not working. Contacted the site thru contact us: they told me they don't post classifieds themselves, and I needed to ask on the forum. Any help appreciated!
Well, I found some time to look into this, and evidently I caused this issue.

A little while back I was making some changes in the admin section, and one of those changes was to remove the 1 year restriction on members being able to edit and delete their threads/posts. In all (or nearly all) other options where you want to allow no restrictions on a particular feature, you put "0" (zero) in the field and that does the trick.

So in the Message Posting and Editing Options section, in the option Time Limit on Editing of Thread Title I removed the 1 year time limit (in minutes) and put in "0" (zero) thinking that would just remove the restriction completely. Apparently what happened was that zero, in this instance, told the system to NEVER allow editing of the thread title, instead of what I wanted and thought it would do. It seemed to literally tell the system that the user's time limit on editing the thread was 0 minutes.

Now the time limit is 5256000 minutes. Which should be 10 years.

So in a nutshell, to change the thread prefix, for instance from For Sale to SOLD!, you click on the Edit button for the first post in the thread, then Go Advanced, and that should allow you now to be able to change that thread prefix.

Sorry about that. This was apparently an inconsistency in how vBulletin operates that bit me in the butt.

Old 08-13-2021, 01:25 PM   #6
SimbaTheIguana
That worked! I was able to change the ad to "sold." Thanks!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!