My Horned Frog Collection (pic heavy) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Amphibian Discussion Forum

Notices

Amphibian Discussion Forum General talk about amphibians of any type.

Old 03-29-2017, 07:59 PM   #1
Bart
My Horned Frog Collection (pic heavy)

This is my small frog collection. They are all juveniles with the aurita being the largest, at around 2", and the green cornuta being the smallest, the smaller about quarter size. Got these pics while they were out enjoying the 82° weather and taking a soak. Let me know what you think, thanks.

Green phase c. cornuta b

Green phase c. cornuta a

Brown phase c. cornuta a

Brown phase c. cornuta b

C. Aurita b

C. Aurita a

Old 03-29-2017, 08:02 PM   #2
Bart
oops..

This is the other shot of the 1st brown phase cornuta

Old 03-29-2017, 10:44 PM   #3
Jawsofafrog
You have so many beautifully colored & patterned Cornuta! The two aurita changed to the same colors?? So nice colors they are changing to! The first two pictures of Cornuta are spectacular hints of brown on their backs! Did all of these come from Pat?

Old 03-29-2017, 11:40 PM   #4
Bart
Thanks, i appreciate it. The 2 green cornuta and 2 aurita came from Pat, the 2 brown cornuta came from Underground Reptiles. The aurita don't usually have that darker tint to them, they only get like that when they are agitated, which is anytime they see me for more than a few min lol.

Old 03-30-2017, 12:09 AM   #5
Jawsofafrog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post
Thanks, i appreciate it. The 2 green cornuta and 2 aurita came from Pat, the 2 brown cornuta came from Underground Reptiles. The aurita don't usually have that darker tint to them, they only get like that when they are agitated, which is anytime they see me for more than a few min lol.
Nice.. I am thinking about checking out Underground Reptiles Cornuta cbb's..

Old 03-30-2017, 12:28 AM   #6
Bart
Go for it, they are super easy to do business with. If you do get a cbb Cornuta be sure to keep it a smaller enclosure until it grows. I had mine in 5 gal tanks and they weren't eating well. As soon as I moved them to smaller kritter keepers they started eating great. My green cornuta are also doing well in smaller kritter keepers, though I haven't tried them in a bigger tank.

Old 03-30-2017, 02:14 AM   #7
Jawsofafrog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post
Go for it, they are super easy to do business with. If you do get a cbb Cornuta be sure to keep it a smaller enclosure until it grows. I had mine in 5 gal tanks and they weren't eating well. As soon as I moved them to smaller kritter keepers they started eating great. My green cornuta are also doing well in smaller kritter keepers, though I haven't tried them in a bigger tank.
This was my collection 5 years ago. I never had any problems of feeding in the past. After one day of settling in my fantasy Horned frog started eating, my aurita has taken two days without eating. I am going to offer different food, Phoenix worms or crickets. Right now my frogs were offered earthworms from the bait shop. My fantasy Horned frog rejected the cricket but ate the earthworms instantly! I live 2 hours from Snakes at Sunset & Underground Reptiles so.. I am gonna get down there again & think of hand picking my frog. I really wanted to wait till they got green Cornuta babies in again. I will try your smaller cage method. http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...=609388&page=2

Old 03-30-2017, 02:29 AM   #8
Jawsofafrog
Question The frog I miss

The frog I miss the most besides my Cornuta.. my castings CBB I bought that winter..

Old 03-30-2017, 02:32 AM   #9
Jawsofafrog
C. joazeirensis Casting horned frog.. I don't know if they will ever be bred again..

Old 03-30-2017, 02:36 AM   #10
Jawsofafrog
Freaking spell check: Caatinga Horned frog

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
brazilian, horned frog, pacman frog, surinam