anyone using square at shows for cc's? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 05-14-2013, 03:07 PM   #21
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by NocturnalNature View Post
Well,
After reading terms, conditions, and pages upon pages of horror stories regarding Square, I guess I'm still stuck in the stone ages of Postal M.O. and cash.
The Paypal version looked promising, but my understanding is you have to be a business. Maybe just plain old Paypal, using a smartphone is an option for me, but I still worry about being scammed.
I was told about this one today - http://www.ourphoneswipe.com/index.php - and you can sign up as an individual.

Old 08-13-2013, 05:55 PM   #22
dvangorp
Quote:
The Paypal version looked promising, but my understanding is you have to be a business. Maybe just plain old Paypal, using a smartphone is an option for me, but I still worry about being scammed.
There is a $30 monthly fee with the PayPal Virtual Terminal. Eats into the account if you do not do transactions regularly.

I have also had issues when trying to enter the CC Expiration Date. The field is populated with MM YYYY initially. When you select the field the MM goes away but the start position is still at the end of the field and won't let you enter the month (same thing with the year field). Took a lot of frustrating attempts before I figured this out. I was using a Nook so your experience may be different.

Old 08-13-2013, 05:56 PM   #23
dvangorp
Forgot to mention ... when you enter the Month or Year field ... backspace a few times and you should be OK.

Old 09-04-2013, 02:30 PM   #24
bcr229
And another player in the "phone swipe" market: https://plusbyems.com/

Old 09-15-2014, 02:32 AM   #25
slouprud
Quote:
Well,
After reading terms, conditions, and pages upon pages of horror stories regarding Square, I guess I'm still stuck in the stone ages of Postal M.O. and cash.
Officially for $10 you can be a business, go get a DBA from the county clerk. That said with paypal the main motivation for requiring that is to force you to charged transactions so you aren't doing the free friends and family transfers there are many other reasons they will try to get you to elevate your account anyway. It doesn't hurt to try and see if they will let you set up an account even without a DBA. If you have enough transactions to justify swiping credit cards you definitely are a business.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!