Karma - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 08-12-2011, 08:25 AM   #1
jrbannister0726
So whats the deal with people giving negative Karma for not agreeing with their opinion? Or for a comment made in a thread not associated with them at all. Giving someone negative karma for not accepting or agreeing with your opinion is plain childish. And giving me negative karma because you didn't understand or misunderstood my point is foolish aswell. Is their any kind of Checks and Balances or is this Karma system the joke that Im coming to realize it is.

I'm not trying to bash the site, I thourghly enjoy the service it provides the community and is why became a contributing member. Does anyone else have a problem with this? And for reference i did not return the negative karma since I dont feel stooping to that level is nessacry.

Old 08-13-2011, 01:56 PM   #2
Dbz4246
No clue, I think there is way more of an insentive to give negative Karma than positive. A while back (when I first joined the site) I had a misstep on a genetics question and I got bashed by 3 members with bad Karma. All that because of one post, so I tend to keep my mouth shut unless its a thread I post or if a classified interests me. Also, I have noticed people voicing there opinions and another member is right there waiting to get into a pissing match with them. Its kinda rediculous sometimes.

Old 08-13-2011, 02:50 PM   #3
Dennis Hultman
Actually, I believe the comments and the negative karma was received for more or less being rude and telling someone they need to brush up on their genetics when in fact you were in the wrong.

It wasn't a discussion thread but a ad from someone and you thought you would jump in and tell them that they were wrong.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...16#post1216316
Secondly, what would be the incentive for giving bad karma? Nobody but you can see who gave it and they don't receive anything in return that is positive for it. Matter of fact, it would only cause hard feelings between people so I don't get why you think it is a incentive.

And by the way, If you are going to jump on someone ads and post a negative you should at least make sure you are accurate. I happen to agree that your post was rude and by the comments left on your karma, that is what others thought as well.

Old 08-13-2011, 02:55 PM   #4
Dbz4246
Dennis, you are correct, it was rude of me to say what I did, and if I didnt apologize then, I apologize now. I cannot change what I said, but I can learn from it. I am sorry that I disrupted that ad when I did, and I apologize to anyone who I offended and to the seller.

Old 08-13-2011, 03:01 PM   #5
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbannister0726 View Post
So whats the deal with people giving negative Karma for not agreeing with their opinion? Or for a comment made in a thread not associated with them at all. Giving someone negative karma for not accepting or agreeing with your opinion is plain childish. And giving me negative karma because you didn't understand or misunderstood my point is foolish aswell. Is their any kind of Checks and Balances or is this Karma system the joke that Im coming to realize it is.

I'm not trying to bash the site, I thourghly enjoy the service it provides the community and is why became a contributing member. Does anyone else have a problem with this? And for reference i did not return the negative karma since I dont feel stooping to that level is nessacry.

It's just a forum tool to acknowledge those that contribute positive posts with good karma and for your peers to let you know when that contribution is lacking. It's completely peer driven.

Now, as Rich has stated in the past the bad karma should be reserved for those posts that are particularly bad. However, I do feel that there are a couple of people that hand it out like candy for relatively minor disagreements. I haven't looked to see why you received your bad karma and don't particularity care to at this point but just suggest that you give it the appropriate weight for what it is.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!