Digital Cameras - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 12-21-2003, 08:32 PM   #1
Phil
Lightbulb Digital Cameras

Hello. Well, I'm finally going to break down and replace my cheapo digital camera with something better. I've done a little research and have an idea of what features I'm looking for, but would appreciate some feedback from people who actually use their digital cameras for the primary reason I'll be buying mine-taking pictures of snakes. So if you have any suggestions or own a digital that you're happy/unhappy with please let me know.

Thanks for your time & God bless,
Phil Frost
ZNJ Exotics
znjexotics@hotmail.com

Old 12-21-2003, 10:18 PM   #2
dself40
Phil,
I am a rookie at the digi cams but I bought a Cannon powershot A300 and it works awesome for a rookie like myself doesnt have to many buttons to screw with..And I have just learned that if you use a full spectrum lights when taking pics of snakes it makes the pic turn out awesome and it helps capture there true color.If I can post a pic here I will post a closeup of my het pied female.
Attached Images

Old 12-22-2003, 11:00 AM   #3
Phil
Talking Nice pic!

Dusty,
Thanks. Great picture. That's exactly the type of pics I'm hoping to take. Could you please tell me how many megapixels your camera has as well as the zoom (optical and digital)?
Thanks again,
Phil

Old 12-22-2003, 12:55 PM   #4
dself40
Sure Phil it is 3.2 megapixel, 5.1 Digital ZoomI dont know what the optical zoom is..lol..And I got it at wal mart for 220 bucks with tax and all..lol.I know its not the best digi cam out there but it works great for me.Maybe someday if I ever learn how to run one really well I will get a better one but until then this one does everything I need it to do...Hope this helps ya out.

Old 12-22-2003, 03:58 PM   #5
Phil
Wink Thanks!

Dusty,
Thanks, that helps me a lot. That's basically what I'm looking to buy. Around 3 megapixels, same price range, etc. Now that I see the quality of the pictures I'm a little more sure as to what I need.
Merry Christmas & God bless,
Phil

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!