A few Deer hunting pics - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 12-04-2003, 04:50 PM   #11
elrojo
Thumbs up Got me too, Darin!

I even refreshed the page! But I must say that looks a lot like the deer I've shot this year!

We can shoot the pied and albinos, but I TRY not to. My dad leases 200 acres of land from a local paper mill, and there are quite a few pieds. I'll try to find a photo and post. The timber workers speak of one huge buck, solid white, with brown eyes in those woods (it grows with each person who's seen it) that I am very curious about. A small, solid white brown-eyed doe was taken three years ago there, so I don't doubt the good ol' boys claims. I just wonder if it's really a 14 pointer, or more like a nice 8.

Old 12-04-2003, 06:12 PM   #12
Darin Chappell
Sorry. Wasn't trying to be a jerk with that, Al. I was just exasperated with my lack of deer sightings.

The albino we have on my family's place is a true albino, with white fur, pink eyes, nose, and ears. She's really pretty! I'll try to get a pic of her to post here (for real, this time!). In Missouri, the Dept. of Conservation encourages the killing of all pied and albino deer, because the gene is seen as a detrimental mutation.

My question is: If the mutation is so detrimental, why are more and more deer showing up with it??? Hmmmm?

Old 12-04-2003, 10:25 PM   #13
diamondback1
Al, that is one hell of a funny pic.

Old 12-04-2003, 10:36 PM   #14
elrojo
Question Does anyone know

what the name for a white deer with brown nose/eyes would be? The loggers say they're very uncommon and speak with an almost erie reverance of the great white stag. I don't doubt for a moment his existence, considering the similar doe taken earlier, but (perhaps being a cornsnake guy) I NEED a name to describe the "morph" (amel, reverse whitetail, snow; would do just fine). If anyone knows, thanks in advance.

Old 12-04-2003, 11:01 PM   #15
NEWReptiles
No problem at all Darin, It just caught me off gaurd because the penalties are very steep in WI if you shoot the Albinos.

I actually think it would be awsome to have a headmount of an Albino above the fireplace.

Old 12-04-2003, 11:08 PM   #16
elrojo
Hey realvenom

Maybe this is a Pm thing, but what is a rollerdog, and why best in threes? Just curious, thanks...

Old 12-12-2003, 01:08 PM   #17
Dennis Gulla
What ever floats your boat....I guess

but what gives you guys such a hard on for killing defenseless animals is beyond me????

And don't tell me it's a sport! LOL!! There is nothing sporting about it. Wouldn't it be more fun to try and kill something that is also trying to kill YOU? That would be a sport.

In my opinion, not that any of you care, I believe hunters (killers) have some type of inferiority complex.......

Old 12-12-2003, 01:36 PM   #18
WaranTor
its panzys like this that wouldnt survive if it were not for "KILLERS" like us, talk about hipocritical. damn i like the poses!

what about the blood on the ATV? did it come off easy?

i should post the pictures of teh bear i shot last yearduring archery season! we had to 1/4 it. pretty good eating too!

Old 12-12-2003, 01:44 PM   #19
NEWReptiles
Quote:
not that any of you care,
At least you got that part right......

Old 12-12-2003, 02:56 PM   #20
Dennis Gulla
Forgive me Al

Please forgive me Al. Although I don't agree with it, it's none of my business and I should have not even bothered with my post.

Sometimes, I need to remember to keep my big mouth shut!

Waran Tor

"it's panzy's like this that wouldnt survive if it were not for "KILLERS" like us, talk about hipocritical."

LOL, hardly, I grew up in western dade county FL. right next to Everglades National Park. I've spent many nights out there camping and hiking. So I'm not sure why you would call me a panzy. Oh, and the site of blood does not faze me if that is what you are implying.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!