The townhouse from h*ll - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 05-31-2010, 06:30 PM   #1
MotherWillow
The townhouse from h*ll

I moved here in November for a new job. It was a 500 mile move and I ended up renting this place over the phone on a recommendation. There is a sewer cleanout next to my living room wall that overflows constantly and almost constant water leaks inside the place. Now there is mold growing. The kids and I are almost always sick with respiratory infections now.

I'm trying to move after 7 months in this h*ll hole. However, the management here is holding my rental history hostage. The won't give it out unless I pay them the remaining five months of my lease up front.

So here it is in pictures over the last few months...the townhouse from hades. Enjoy and don't look if you have recently eaten.

I just had to vent somewhere.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...7&l=f94e39a35d

Old 05-31-2010, 06:40 PM   #2
brd7666
You should turn them into the health department, or someone that handles that kind of stuff. That doesn't seem right to me. I would say they are putting you in harms way. Any time I broke a lease I only had to pay for one month from the time I left. These people are bad news all the way around. I would even contact an attorney, maybe they can help too. Good luck.

Old 05-31-2010, 06:53 PM   #3
MotherWillow
Quote:
Originally Posted by brd7666 View Post
You should turn them into the health department, or someone that handles that kind of stuff. That doesn't seem right to me. I would say they are putting you in harms way. Any time I broke a lease I only had to pay for one month from the time I left. These people are bad news all the way around. I would even contact an attorney, maybe they can help too. Good luck.
I've turned them into the health department. (They have copies of these pics ) I've also called the city.

I found a gorgeous little house today that I should find out if I got approval on tomorrow. The realtor I'll be renting it from said she wasn't even going to call the people I'm currently renting from just based on the name of the place when she asked.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:04 PM   #4
SamanthaJane13
Make a written list of all the repairs needed.

Send it to the owners, and give them 30 days to make the repairs.

If the repairs aren't FINISHED within the 30 days, you can take them to small claims court for constructive eviction and return of your security and the rent for part of the period you've lived there.

DOCUMENT EVERYTHING.

Gather all your medical records for any treatment for the respiratory infections for you and your children, and submit copies of them to court with your papers, along with the pictures of the apartment, and any correspondence you've had with the owners regarding repairs and your history. Also let the court know what they're doing about your rental history.

You may be able to get out of the last several months of rent PLUS get your security back and some of the rent you've already used.

Good luck!!!

Old 06-01-2010, 07:08 PM   #5
Dawn Zimmerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaJane13 View Post
Make a written list of all the repairs needed.

Send it to the owners, and give them 30 days to make the repairs.

If the repairs aren't FINISHED within the 30 days, you can take them to small claims court for constructive eviction and return of your security and the rent for part of the period you've lived there.

DOCUMENT EVERYTHING.

Gather all your medical records for any treatment for the respiratory infections for you and your children, and submit copies of them to court with your papers, along with the pictures of the apartment, and any correspondence you've had with the owners regarding repairs and your history. Also let the court know what they're doing about your rental history.

You may be able to get out of the last several months of rent PLUS get your security back and some of the rent you've already used.

Good luck!!!
Way to go Donna! Great advice.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:21 PM   #6
SamanthaJane13
My heroine!!

Old 06-01-2010, 07:24 PM   #7
SamanthaJane13
It's also possible you can recoup the out-of-pocket medical expenses...co-pays, etc.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:51 AM   #8
timebider
There should also be some sort of county office for landlord-tenant disputes. Check online and see if you can get some help from that quarter, too. Good luck!

Old 06-02-2010, 01:01 PM   #9
Dawn Zimmerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaJane13 View Post
My heroine!!

Old 06-03-2010, 11:38 PM   #10
LauraB
How about venting to the departments below. The city of Odessa has plenty of people you should call! The photos speak for themselves!

Building Inspection:
Ralph M. McCain, Director (432) 335-3214 or 335-4144
The Building Inspection Division enforces state and local construction codes and provides, efficient plan review, inspections and code enforcement, through the review of applications, building plans and construction documents.

Odessa Board of Survey:
The board determines what action should be taken regarding buildings which the building official has classified as not meeting safety standards or which owners have refused or failed to remove or repair. Meets on the 4th Wednesday of every other month at 8:30 a.m.

Odessa Neighborhood Development Services - Code Enforcement Complaint Form:
http://www.odessa-tx.gov/public/comm...plaintform.asp

Questions on Boards and Commission, please call or Email the City Secretary’s office: (432) 335-3276.

Finally, there's the Ector County Health Department, since Odessa doesn't seem to have it's own:
Ector County Health Department (432) 498-4141.
Oscar Limon, Enviromental Enforcement 498-4141, ext 1024

Good luck - let your voice be heard!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!