Rare Monitors up for Adoption - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Adoptions

Notices

Adoptions This section is for people OFFERING animals for adoption. NOT solicitations asking for free animals.

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 03:03 AM   #11
joeb808
monitors

Hello. i'm intrested in your monitors. I have just build the down stairs to my house for reptiles and have been looking for savannah monitors. But every i look every one wants lots of money for them. even an adoption place wants tons of money. I give some money I will even sign papers that i won't breed or give them up. I'm 24 have no kids . I own my own house since I was 20. My girlfriend lives with me and she s love reptiles. I can go on and on , but if you want to e-mail at holtzrd@aol.com . and we can go from there. If you have already given them away. Then if you any one who has savannah monitors to let go for free or cheap. Please let me know. I only want them for my passion. Not to resale or even breed like some other people. That whats hurting the reptile world today is the lack of respect towards the reptiles.

Old 01-21-2006, 03:25 AM   #12
KawtNuffin
Hey my man

Dude, it's Tom here, remeber me like it's been sometime you know. Hey I can takre all you got, those are all small ons right. Sinse i seen you i been sick and kinda out of the loup, and maybe in jail some but hey it wasnt all my falt. You know i used to got all kinds of moniters, i had them tegu moniters and alligator monaters and them savvana monaters and whta was they some like brownthroates or you know And you saw em they looked good right You know they did. Anywey im gettin back on my foot and I just think i got more nowlege than a lotta these here pepul so i hope you remeber me And if you dont im still prety good on lizerds cuz i know all about em Evin if you dont know me agen im honast and dont sell monaters cuz i loveem so plees dont think i dont and amn't good enuff.

Sory i cant spel, but i realy want them

love,

Tom felgerson

Old 01-21-2006, 03:34 AM   #13
TripleMoonsExotic
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLY WILLIAMS
But this IS my concern, as I am trying to find good homes for my animals. You have just said that you are selling this animal which is somebody else's. This is what brokers do; this is what dealers do. As I pointed out, this nile monitor which you are selling is not part of any breeding project of yours, and is not a baby produced by you... Hence, you are not selling this animal as a breeder, as your website claims to be(not of monitors), but as a 'side animal' which is not affiliated with your website, just as a broker or dealer would.

I do not think that I was in any way out of line to question your motives, as that nile monitor which you are selling is not a product of what your website stands for or promotes; it doesn't "fit in". My suspicions lie in whether or not my animals would end up in the same situation as that nile you are selling(regardless of what you tell me its origin is), which is why I am screening applicants.
I am well aware of what a broker/dealer does...I also had to explain you rude reply to my Fiance whom did not understand you comments. Placing on my website a single animal for a friend of mine whom can't keep the little guy anymore is not being a broker/dealer. You are simply looking ridiculous. I would understand if I had imported animals and miscellaneous animals up for sale...but I don't. It's out of season for what I do produce, so I have up extra breeders. Your "suspicions" are seriously misplaced.

My Fiance is no longer interested in adoption or purchase of the monitors, your comments thoroughly irritated him (and myself for that matter).

Old 01-21-2006, 04:38 AM   #14
KawtNuffin
tom agian

Dude its me agian i read up thereand you want to know how come i am gonna be more good then all these rest I think you remeber me but maYbe you aint the same guy whatever Sinse i been back arond i only got a small place but its good cuz i got nobuddy lives to close and so its easy i got all kinds of stuff i can start makingg cag/es later cuz i aint working now So i can make some cages all big and all Theres some stuff off in the back of my traler and you now i used to be union carpinter so i can make anithing almost.
All them are small ons right so i bet they nede tall high cage maybe 7 foot and some branchs You say tree maniters so yeah i can do trees like sos there be like the jungel woods in their all trees and branchs

the green ons i bet they live in leafs so i put leafs in and the blue ons what i guess maybe skye haha but they got to live hier up a tree aint no skye monetars what else you got oh yeah i seen a pillbarra one on a magazene it was on some rock and i can do rockstoo my buddy got some xtra conckrite and we now how you make rocks so tahts what weell do You now i can do that

Before i said i now what monettors are like You now i do if ]your the same guy but if you dont now me i'm still tom and i bet them tree ones want roachs and some littel birds Ok i now how to get birds they can like And what else o glaurtti is Kimberlrys right They like rocks too and roachs im a honast guy and i aint gonna sell none So if your that guy remeber me tom cuz i really want all of the ons you got
Love tom

Old 01-21-2006, 01:12 PM   #15
Palex134
I still don't see why someone would put extremely rare animals, worth thousands of dollars up for adoption. This sounds strange to me. If I wanted to find a good home for mine, Id put a price on them so no irresponsible people, who lack the money to care for them, could get their hands on them. I currently have some ackies which I bought to breed them, yes, but since they havent laid I just keep them as my pets now and I am fine with that. Goodluck Billy on finding your herps a home. I think putting them up for adoption is a bad idea considering it would cost little or nothing to get them, and so someone without the time/money to care for them could get their hands on them.
My opinion.

Old 01-21-2006, 01:25 PM   #16
KawtNuffin
Kripes all guys like you

Palix you are excatly a guy like i now Bob here dint want He sed no sellin and you got to talk all aboute how much their worth . I bet you $#$ much money you want to fake him out and get his maniters an sell em so qick their aint time for em go poo in your cage Aint i rite i seen lots of guys like you

im tom and i got dibs

Old 01-21-2006, 01:29 PM   #17
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by KawtNuffin
Palix you are excatly a guy like i now Bob here dint want He sed no sellin and you got to talk all aboute how much their worth . I bet you $#$ much money you want to fake him out and get his maniters an sell em so qick their aint time for em go poo in your cage Aint i rite i seen lots of guys like you

im tom and i got dibs
Ok, this is getting old...

THIS SITE HAS SPELLCHECK.

Your replies are not in any way shape or form readable...You're spelling is worse then a 10 year olds...You can't even spell MONITOR...

Palex was simply suggesting putting a price tag on the monitors to keep away the illresponsible people and "dealers/brokers" he was talking about who wouldn't treat his monitors how he would like to see them treated.

You sound INCREDIBLY illresponsible with your snotty "I got dibs" comment.

Old 01-21-2006, 01:36 PM   #18
Palex134
thank you very much triple moon. I am glad you comprehened that one properly.

as for the one who can't spell, I do not wish to adopt these monitors for a few reasons.

1. I lack the space in my herp room right now.
2. I do not have the time for them them. Ackies take enough work and feeding, and they are a piece of cake compared to these guys.
3. I just don't really want them. They are nice herps, I am a fan of all of them, espcially the kims, but I don't want any more varanids. I am content with my geckos and skinks. Now if only I could find some emerald tree skinks.

Willams, I hope you find a good home for you varanids, not to KwatNuffin.

Thanks again TripleMoonExotics

Old 01-21-2006, 01:40 PM   #19
Palex134
P.S. the only reason I would ever take those monitors is so people like you, KwatNuffin, couldn't get your hands on them. My vote is for TripleMoonExotics to take them. He/She sounds very knowlagable and it appears they could offer them a nice home.

Old 01-21-2006, 01:58 PM   #20
Cat_72
I think the first requirement to own ANY animal is that you should be intelligent enough to be able to spell what they are. (Maniters??)

I understand not wanting to "give" these animals to a dealer, but someone like Stephanie at least would be more likely to have the knowledge and understanding to properly care for them. From what I can see, she isn't what I would ever classify as a dealer (helping out a friend by selling an animal for them does not classify one as a dealer).

But, they are your animals to do with what you see as appropriate, I wish you luck finding what you consider the right home.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread