Mack Snow Pricing... ridiculous.... buyers opinion - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-29-2005, 12:12 AM   #101
Vince
I completely understand the pricing. I feel like I bring a unique view. I am the only hobbyist posting. A lot of you guys have business, web pages, tons of money and time invested. My point on the whole thing is, Mack snows are for breeders and investors, not someone who wants a cool pet. Obviously you can charge whatever you like. People can get upset if they want to , but that is pretty silly. The person who shouldn't buy this morph is someone who has a little bit of money and thinks they will make it big breeding snows. Also this and pretty much any leo morph looking back on the past is destined for huge price drops in around 5 years.

Old 05-29-2005, 12:17 AM   #102
Jeremy Letkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
I feel like I bring a unique view.
I'll give you that Vince. You do bring a unique..... ummm view.

Old 05-29-2005, 12:17 AM   #103
wahberee
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwedeking
In reality there is no logical requirement to possess a pet lizard or pet snake, so pricing is very relative. You are paying more for your personal opinion of what is "neat" looking or on the investment side what you feel people will pay for a "neat" looking reptile. It's not like their going to do the laundry or wash the car (a tangible benefit).

My father (who does not like lizards or snakes) wouldn't pay you $5 for either.

So making the argument that something is over-priced (with the contentation that it is in error) is illogical. It's fine that you don't see the value in the morph, but others that find that look particularly appealing or of the notion that they have to have the newest thing before the mainstream would find the value appropriate (or an investor that feels he can captilize on the investment with a value).
wow,
I did not intend to make it as big of a deal as yall seem to make it. I said what needed to be said. Opinions are opinions, so state yours, but don't expect me to jump on you because your opinion differs from mine.

Old 05-29-2005, 12:18 AM   #104
Vince
Quote:
Originally Posted by g&mgeckos
Vince, Have you ever heard the saying "any publicity is good publicity"? Just by you keeping this thread going you are adding to the intrigue of the new morph. Like it or not its here and the price is the price for good reason. From a hobbiest point of view by the time it gets in a more comfortable price range we will know more of the unknowns with this truly exciting new morph which will save them time and money in the long run to get what they really want. I will admit on its own its not the prettiest morph (in my opinion) but just what it could do when combined with some of the other morphs could really be breath taking. Just look at the Pastels. I think it is going to open the doors for some really cool stuff over the next few years. All of this and more that I am sure I have missed is what justifies the price. If you don't like it don't buy it. Plain and simple.

You say it like I should think its a bad thing that the thread is going. I don't like the morph personally that doesn't mean im sitting back in my chair hopping it fails. First of all this makes for great conversation on a board that as I said before has pretty much turned into a photo shoot, and also breaths life and interest in not only leopard geckos but all reptiles. Someone might check out a mack snow and be like man those are cool, but since I don't have enough money for them I will check out these jungles, or these paternless leos. It sparks interest and that is a good thing.

Old 05-29-2005, 12:27 AM   #105
g&mgeckos
Vince, that makes sense.

Old 05-29-2005, 12:36 AM   #106
Chris@TSE
Vince. I understand what you are saying. Excuse me if seeing you hijack every mack snow thread you stumble upon with negative comments disturbs me. We all know you do not like the mack morph.

For instance, a discussion will be underway and you jump in with various quips like:

This thread:
"macks aren't even that nice. "

Mack pictorial update thread:
"maybe the adult super snows are more impressive"

A Mack Sibling hatches thread:
"hmm , meh I still dont see what everyone sees in them."

There is no need to repeat yourself. It's not like you are even contributing to a discussion, just simply stating an opinion OVER and OVER again you KNOW will stir up further negative discussion. It has gotten to the point where I actually find a mack thread and literally wait for your inevitable one or two line post reminding us that you do not like macks. Thanks for your overwhelming contribution

Tell you what, how about you tie a little ribbon around your finger to remind yourself we already know you do not like the mack line. Perhaps that way you wont find it necessary to needlessly remind us.

Old 05-29-2005, 12:37 AM   #107
Chris@TSE
And yes, you are right. It makes great conversation. So try doing just that, converse. Dont walk into a conversation stating the obvious. (ie. you do not like macks)

We get it already lol

Old 05-29-2005, 12:44 AM   #108
Vince
point taken. And I can see how someone in your possition would be upset / annyoed. I wont post like that anymore it is not my intention to be rude or upset anyone. If it did stir up other negitive( IYO) conversation it was only becuse others agreed with it. I see what your saying and it you wont hear it from me any more.

Lets not lose track though. As someone who breeds this morph how do you feel it will effect interest in other leopard gecko morphs? Do you agree with me about how fresh morphs rolling out will help raise interest in all other types of leopard geckos?

Old 05-29-2005, 12:50 AM   #109
Chris@TSE
Totally! Think of it this way....

Say for instance something FANTASTIC pops up from one of the many recessive crosses people will be attempting with this line. For the sake of conversation, lets say Blizzard. For discussions sake we'll say a flourecent white striped gecko with jet black eyes that craps gold pops out. Again, for the sake of discussion LOL!

What will that mean for blizzards? Popularity and demand will increase because others will want to produce this new morph.

Blizzard pricing may go up a bit, and demand certainly will.

The mack line can and will increase popularity and demand in other morphs. I'm more than certain of this.

Just the fact something new has popped up in the leo hobby is enough to raise a general interest in keeping this species again. People ALWAYS love to see something new! And to be honest, im so happy to see all of these new morphs in leos begin popping up. It shows that there are some amazing things to come in the years to come.

Old 05-29-2005, 12:54 AM   #110
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopShelfExotics
For discussions sake we'll say a flourecent white striped gecko with jet black eyes that craps gold pops out.

Does it crap gold nuggets, bars or coins?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!