can anyone recommend an online store for adult firebellies?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Amphibian Discussion Forum

Notices

Amphibian Discussion Forum General talk about amphibians of any type.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:45 PM   #1
kristy55303
can anyone recommend an online store for adult firebellies??

hi. my son really wants some adult firebellies. the green backed morph and sexable. can anyone recommend where to buy some quality ones that they can sex that are what my son is looking for? I must have invested 400.00 into his tank. its a 40 gallon breeder. also had a few questions. so many caresheets say so many different things. i have a 6.5 inch retaining wall for 1/3 land area, the rest water with one of those expensive rock frog filters.....is 6 inches of water too deep? there will be a place to climb out and also java moss...the tank is drilled for convenience in draining each month and will be planted with live plants. he wants to see them breed lol. after that what do i do with all the babies as they are not worth very much ha ha...i was thinking i'd do the chytrid fungus treatment and also a dewormer treatment prophylactically first. is this unnecessary? kristy

Old 08-26-2008, 07:04 AM   #2
Junkyard
My wife and I had firebellies for years, surprisingly, we picked them up at a Petco, they were fat and healthy. We got them at about $4 a piece. The tank set up you have should be just fine as long as they can climb out of the water without difficulty. Remember, these do not climb glass like tree frogs. If they do breed, you can always take the babies to a local pet store (Petco) that sells amphibians. As far as a dewormer, we never used any and our toads lived for years, so I have no experience in that area.

Old 08-26-2008, 11:29 AM   #3
kristy55303
firebellies

unfortunately the firebellies at both petsmart and petco are looking in bad health. lethargic, bad set-ups, and a white fungus on some of their backs. . didnt want to chance it. wish i had a good petsmart and petco, but they dont care around here, its like walmart. but thanks for the advice so far....very nce of you to respond! kristy

Old 08-26-2008, 12:38 PM   #4
Junkyard
You can try Mark Lucas, he has some for $6

http://markmlucas.com/Inventory/Amphibians.html

Old 09-01-2008, 05:06 PM   #5
kristy55303
ok thanks...kristy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!