Anderson S.C. Show Inquiry?... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 04-19-2006, 07:51 PM   #1
mmfrankford
Anderson S.C. Show Inquiry?...

Hello all.
I was thinking of attending the South Carolina reptile and exotics show in Anderson on the weekend of the 29th. (Yeah I wish I could attend the Florida international one, oh well maybe another time.) Anyway I thought I might ask if it is a good show or not. Is there usually over 200 exhibitors? And how many of those are the exotic animals? (I'm going for the reptiles mainly.) Last year I went to the NARBC show in Chicago. Is it similar in size?
Sorry for all the questions, just trying to find out whether I should make the trip or not. I'm wanting to check out another large reptile show. Thanks.

Old 04-19-2006, 11:00 PM   #2
RangerGrrl
As far as I can tell, this is the first time it's been held in Anderson, and i wasn't able to make it to last year's equivalent show in Atlanta. I'd be interested to know what you find out, though.

Old 04-20-2006, 06:08 AM   #3
audrypayne
This show is being held by a man that has made himself notorious for stretching the truth to make his shows appear better than what they really are.. He has a really long list of exhibitors posted for his prior Greenville SC show. However, in reality, there were only 21. 200 vendors? Hah. He usually does not have 200 tables. If you decide to attend, please post your opinions.

Old 04-20-2006, 11:30 AM   #4
homegrownherps
Thumbs down

I wouldn't waste the time or gas to go to either one of these.

If you want to attend a worthy Expo, try one of these by Gila Productions.

Old 04-20-2006, 12:37 PM   #5
audrypayne
Jim is right. I was trying to be nice about it. But he hit the nail on the head.

Old 04-20-2006, 03:30 PM   #6
audrypayne
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=76652
Check out this link for more info on this show promoter.

Old 04-20-2006, 06:05 PM   #7
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by audrypayne
Jim is right. I was trying to be nice about it. But he hit the nail on the head.
I was being nice about it

Old 04-20-2006, 08:59 PM   #8
audrypayne
Gee Jim, hope you didn't strain something. LOL. I know it's extremely hard to be nice when talking about Tony. This forum does not allow the only language that's suitable to describe him.

Old 04-20-2006, 09:08 PM   #9
homegrownherps
Thats OK , I think they get the idea !

Old 04-21-2006, 10:30 AM   #10
mmfrankford
Thanks for the info. Yeah I definitely want to save the gas and time. ( It would be a 7 hour drive.) I'll check out the Gila link. Thanks.
Oh when is the "good" Florida show?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!