Boy Kills Giant Turtle - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2006, 11:51 AM   #38
Mooing Tricycle
I fee bad for the turtle yes, but im not angry, the way everything was explained it makes sense. I have a close relative ( of a sort its my boyfriends sister) who live in Louisiana and trust me when i say that, there just somtimes isnt enough money to go around down there. i saw a few threads on this saying how "oh the grocery store is here for a reason" ( in general terms) but you cant look at it like that. if theres an animal i(n this case the turtle), theyre not going to go out and buy food when its sitting right there! this animals like i read a littler earlier as well, was cleaned and used. it wasnt wasted.
Not everywhere in america is doing as well as we'd like to think they are, and money can be a real issue to where things like this happen regularly because people need to live and if you can get a meal for free why not?!
Im not saying its right, and im not saying its wrong. its just a fact that life isnt as easy as people may think. and desperate times call for desperate measures.

and then of course theres the point that they might have enough money, would you be pissed that they kept and ate the turtle, or just disposed of it and let it rot? ^_^ somtimes its best not to question the actions of others.