What the heck is a Mang Tang ??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-22-2005, 12:51 PM   #1
Jeremy Letkey
What the heck is a Mang Tang ???

Well, this is.

I think she is beautiful, thanks Maynard.

Old 03-22-2005, 12:56 PM   #2
USAGECKOS
Very nice Jeremy, but why do you call it a "Mang Tang" and not a SHTC?

Old 03-22-2005, 03:40 PM   #3
Jeremy Letkey
Jeanne, I think that Robin could tell it better. I'll give it a shot though. Robin aquired a group of Tangs from Monte Meyer, who had recieved them from John Meltzer. John is a Leo guy from way back. He had bred some imports to achieve their orange color and lack of spotting. This line of tang is unrelated to the vast majority of tangs on the market today. Now Robin has mixed those lines from John to some of the HISSS lines to produce the hatchling you see here. The Female was of HISSS lineage from Kelli and the Male was a tang from Monte or John. The Males name is Maynard, Robin calls him Mang for short. This is the eveloution of the MANG TANG. At least as I know it.

Old 03-22-2005, 03:49 PM   #4
USAGECKOS
Ok, I knew the name "Mang Tang" sounded familiar, I just couldn't remember from where. Robein must have posted a thread about them at one time.

Old 03-22-2005, 04:29 PM   #5
robin d.
thats exactly what a mang tang is... i bought maynard from monte as well as april and jumper... all three unrelated to most all tangs and hypos out there.... i decided for out crossing purposes to mate maynard with one of kellis geckos (i also bred him to some pure tangs)... i got some nice ones from that shct mom and it seems these kids get more color with age.... hopefully kelli can post her mang tang too!!!

Old 03-22-2005, 06:53 PM   #6
dragonflyreptiles
Very nice one! Good work on the breeding Robin!

Old 03-24-2005, 10:15 AM   #7
KelliH
Here's "Mang", my tang, from Robin. She's a beauty! Thanks Robs
Attached Images

Old 03-24-2005, 10:30 AM   #8
raiquee
Very cool!

They seem almost to have a lighter orange color than most tangs. Which is kinda refreshing. You always see the reddish orange tangs that people breed for, which is nice i don't dissagree. But its just nice to see a...cleaner more lighter orange on a tang Or in this case, a mang tang.

Old 03-24-2005, 10:52 AM   #9
robin d.
these breedings i did was mainly to diversify thr bloodlines out there right now.... to add different genetics into others gene pools hopefully strengthening them. i am holding on to the tangs longer to see how they develope. thank you guys for all the kind words

Old 03-24-2005, 12:52 PM   #10
Monte
They got that goofy freckle head. They look nice and breed pretty true, huh?

I'd have to clarify one thing - I'm not sure whator if WC is in this line. I do know that they are unrelated to anything else out there - but I'd have to ask John if he out-crossed them with some of that really old stuff he has (he has 1 or 2 that are either 20 or approaching 20), which were wc's.

Old-school, baby . . .

Looking Good Robin . . .

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!