help with SHIPPING!! pls... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 09-02-2010, 07:37 PM   #11
ladysilkworm
I had also asked the clerk to scan it in at the PO so that it shows that I mailed them..but they got upset with me saying that I got a discount for printing it online and the next time they refused to scan in for me.

I also realized that even if they check in at the counter, it doesn't mean that they will get there ontime.. or scan it along the way...

ugh..

Old 09-02-2010, 07:52 PM   #12
Southern Wolf
How about shipping using a method that scanning is mandatory. Yes it may cost just a bit more... but isn't your business worth it?

Old 09-02-2010, 08:29 PM   #13
Melinda
Scanning it in or tracking will not hurry the package along. There is no delivery time guarantee on priority mail.

Since you continually have problems, your going to have to ditch USPS priority and choose a different delivery method. I have found with the USPS system, you can't complain your way into better/faster service. You get what you get.

I don't think there are many of us that qualify for Power Shipping and the large corporations that do are probably not going to risk their account to let someone else use their account.

If you can't get your product where it needs to be at a cost that your company and/or customer can pay, then you are not going to be profitable with that product.

Old 09-02-2010, 08:43 PM   #14
ladysilkworm
you hit it on the nail with that one..

Old 09-03-2010, 09:55 PM   #15
GreenCountryHerp
I would recommend using UPS through Reptiles Express. You get a discounted rate using their account and I have sent out over 15 shipments in the last two weeks of ball pythons and every one of them was delivered on time. I am surprised that they haven't messed up at least one. Fed Ex used to screw up on being on time at least once every 10 or so shipments it seems. Just a suggestion.

Old 09-03-2010, 10:46 PM   #16
ladysilkworm
Quote:
Originally Posted by greencountryreps View Post
I would recommend using UPS through Reptiles Express. You get a discounted rate using their account and I have sent out over 15 shipments in the last two weeks of ball pythons and every one of them was delivered on time. I am surprised that they haven't messed up at least one. Fed Ex used to screw up on being on time at least once every 10 or so shipments it seems. Just a suggestion.

yes I did saw that from earlier poster (thanks to the earlier poster) about that, but do you guys use paypal??

I use paypal and with that, I get a pretty good discount with UPS ground.. how does it compare with reptile express/ i hate having to manually write down address or retyping them over. I really like the paypal feature of direct label printing. I keep on having to rewrite my shipping policy. I would like to make my silkworms very affordable to customers.. but I think I may have to just expand my local market instead of going national.. I suppose I can make silkworm pods and go visit all the petstores in the area.. one of them is anxiously waiting for me to visit. I am waiting on my overseas chow that have actually already arrived in NY port for 5 days now but do not know what is the hold up.. sigh.. just one peak after another to climb...

Old 09-03-2010, 11:47 PM   #17
ladysilkworm
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
Anyone offering to allow you to ship under their FedEx account would be violating their agreements...

Have you looked into UPS with ReptilesExpress?

I am looking at it now, if it is really as cheap as it says it is, WOW!! That would be really great!!! Then, my biz may have a chance. THNKS!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!