Maryland school suspends six-year-old boy - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 02-03-2015, 11:53 AM   #71
WebSlave
You would think that teachers and administrators in the educational system would have to undergo psyche tests in order to weed out those people who just want the power trip over children.

Old 02-03-2015, 01:15 PM   #72
JColt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
“I assure you my son lacks the magical powers necessary to threaten his friend’s existence,”

Texas school suspends 9-year-old for making ‘terroristic threats’ with magic ‘Hobbit’ ring

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/02/t...c-hobbit-ring/
Not only that but he was suspended once for saying a classmate was black and also suspended another time for bringing a book called the Big Book of Knowledge because it had a pregnant woman in an illustration. 3 suspensions in 6 months over being a kid.

Old 02-03-2015, 04:13 PM   #73
j_dunlavy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMB-2 View Post
I remember getting suspended in middle school because I put ketchup on a cookie and ate it. Can't even make that up, that's exactly what they wrote in the "reason" slot.
suspended? rightfully so, i mean, who does that? ketchup on a cookie? disturbing behavior if you ask me... lol

Old 02-05-2015, 04:42 PM   #74
ICANTFINDAUSER
It seems that the "educational system" focuses more on false threats than education itself. I remember being suspended in first grade for making a "bow and arrow" out of paperclips and rubberbands, another time for bringing spray-able hand sanitizer.

"Teachers leave them kids alone" -Another Brick in the Wall

Old 03-05-2015, 11:48 PM   #75
Dennis Hultman
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -
6-year-old suspended after pointing at classmate in shape of gun

http://www.krdo.com/news/6yearold-su...f-gun/31597538

Quote:
A Colorado Springs first-grader was suspended from school after pointing his fingers at a classmate in the shape of a gun.

Six-year-old Elijah goes to Stratton Meadows Elementary School. On Monday, he pointed at a classmate in the shape of a gun and said, "You're dead."

According to his behavior report, an administrator spoke with him about what being dead means and about not confusing "make-believe" or things in games with reality. And he received a one-day suspension for threats against peers.

"I know they have zero tolerance, but more of a maybe no recess," his dad, Austin Thurston said. "Going as far as a one-day suspension is a little extreme for a six-year-old in a first-grade class."

A spokesperson for Harrison School District 2, which Stratton Meadows is a part of, couldn't give specifics about the case, because it's part of the student's personal record. But she said school administrators feel they issued the appropriate disciplinary action.

She also said school staff speaks with students and parents before a suspension, and they consider current as well as previous behaviors.

Elijah has been at the school since January. His dad said while he had minor behavioral incidents in his previous school, this was the first time he got in trouble at Stratton Meadows.

"Of course I think he was playing," Thurston said. "What six-year-old doesn't play cops and robbers, or cowboys and Indians?"

Thurston said he and his wife have spoken with the boy about guns.

"We just told him there's a time and a place for everything, and we told him school is never a place for that. We let him know that the guns in the wrong hands will be very dangerous," he said. "He knows the difference between really doing that, and just putting your finger up and saying, 'boom you're dead.' We made sure he understands the severity of what he said."

Although the school didn't require it, Elijah is writing an apology letter to the school, stating he understands his actions.

Old 03-06-2015, 10:56 AM   #76
Mistyck
Are you f'n kidding me?! I remember being a kid and playing cops & robbers, or Sheriff & bad guys... AT SCHOOL. Heck our teachers even had toy guns & handcuffs for us to play with during recess.

Gun safety was part of school teachings. I guess that was part of the joys of growing up in a small town that lets you have days off from school to go hunting, skiing, fishing... And we had a rodeo & hunting club.

I guess you couldn't do that now a days with the freaking oversensitive people in this world. UGH! I hate how things are changing. This is getting ridiculous. Kids can't even be kids... :-(

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!