Maryland school suspends six-year-old boy - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 06-18-2013, 12:22 AM   #61
WebSlave
Going to be interesting seeing how the US government handles this one. On one hand, they have a really hot potato of a PR egg in their face situation. Coming down hard on Snowden would make them look even worse. But on the other hand, they probably REALLY feel that they NEED to make an example of him to keep others from following his lead.

So I think a fatal "accident" is in his future. That will be officially deniable as retaliation, but everyone will KNOW it for what it really is.

Old 12-28-2013, 10:19 AM   #62
Dennis Hultman
6-year-old suspended for kissing girl, accused of sexual harassment

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/11/living...-kissing-girl/

Quote:
A 6-year-old boy near Colorado Springs, Colorado, was suspended from school for kissing a girl on the hand. You read that correctly.

"It was during class," first-grader Hunter Yelton said in an interview with CNN affiliate KRDO. "We were doing reading group, and I leaned over and kissed her on the hand. That's what happened."

Not only did Hunter's peck get him suspended from school, but the school accused him of sexual harassment, KRDO reported.

Old 12-28-2013, 10:20 AM   #63
Dennis Hultman
10-Year-Old Suspended for Shooting Imaginary Arrow, Threatened with Expulsion Under Weapons Policy
Quote:
FAWN GROVE, Pa.— The Rutherford Institute has come to the defense of a 10-year-old boy who was suspended under a school zero tolerance policy for shooting an imaginary “arrow” at a fellow classmate, using nothing more than his hands and his imagination. Johnny Jones, a fifth grader at South Eastern Middle School, was suspended for a day and threatened with expulsion under the school’s weapons policy after playfully using his hands to draw the bowstrings on a pretend “bow” and “shoot” an arrow at a classmate who had held his folder like an imaginary gun and “shot” at Johnny. In coming to Jones’ defense, Rutherford Institute attorneys have asked Rona Kaufmann, Superintendent of the South Eastern School District in Fawn Grove, Pennsylvania, to rescind the suspension and remove all references to the incident from Jones’ permanent school record.

“The Rutherford Institute has been called on to intervene in hundreds of cases like this involving young people who were suspended, expelled, and even arrested for violating school zero tolerance policies that criminalize childish behavior and punish all offenses severely, no matter how minor or non-threatening the so-called infraction may have been,” said John W. Whitehead, president of The Rutherford Institute and author of A Government of Wolves: The Emerging American Police State. “We all want to keep the schools safe, but I’d far prefer to see something credible done about actual threats, rather than this ongoing, senseless targeting of imaginary horseplay.”

The incident took place the week of October 14th, when fifth grader Johnny Jones asked his teacher for a pencil during class. Jones walked to the front of the classroom to retrieve the pencil, and during his walk back to his seat, a classmate and friend of Johnny’s held his folder like an imaginary gun and “shot” at Johnny. Johnny playfully used his hands to draw the bowstrings on a completely imaginary “bow” and “shot” an arrow back. Seeing this, another girl in the class reported to the teacher that the boys were shooting at each other. The teacher took both Johnny and the other boy into the hall and lectured them about disruption. The teacher then contacted Johnny’s mother, Beverly Jones, alerting her to the “seriousness” of the violation because the children were using “firearms” in their horseplay, and informing her that the matter had been referred to the Principal. Principal John Horton contacted Ms. Jones soon thereafter in order to inform her that Johnny’s behavior was a serious offense that could result in expulsion under the school’s weapons policy. Horton characterized Johnny’s transgression as “making a threat” to another student using a “replica or representation of a firearm” through the use of an imaginary bow and arrow.

According to the South Eastern School District’s Zero Tolerance policy for “Weapons, Ammunition and other Hazardous Items,” the district prohibits the possession of “weapons,” defined as including any “knife, cutting instrument, cutting tool, nunchaku, firearm, shotgun, rifle and any other tool, instrument or implement capable of inflicting serious bodily injury.” The Student Code further prohibits any “replica” or “look-alike” weapon, and requires that the school Principal immediately contact the appropriate police department, complete an incident report to file with the school Superintendent, and begin the process of mandatory expulsion immediately. In coming to Johnny Jones’ defense, Rutherford Institute attorneys point out the absurdity of threatening a child with expulsion for using an “imaginary” weapon and urge school officials to exercise restraint and common sense in their well-meaning, albeit misguided, efforts to secure the schools against potential dangers.

Old 12-28-2013, 10:21 AM   #64
Dennis Hultman
Pennsylvania boy, 10, suspended for using imaginary bow and arrow
Johnny Jones was given a one-day suspension from Pennsylvania’s South Eastern Middle School - West for using his hands to fire an imaginary arrow at a friend during class. Lawyers at the Rutherford Institute have taken up the case, asking the district to wipe the child’s record clean.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1544627

Old 12-28-2013, 10:22 AM   #65
Dennis Hultman
Autistic Child Suspended From School for Drawing "Bomb" Cartoon

Quote:
The things kids can get suspended for these days. Bear in mind, too, that the school repeatedly said they knew the child was harmless and non-violent. But did that matter to them? Of course not. Their collective decision was swift and unmerciful: Suspend that boy!

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/danield...rtoon-n1724553

Old 12-28-2013, 01:38 PM   #66
WebSlave
Looks like a bunch of people in the education system need to be severely re-educated..... Maybe even relocated into a different career field.

Old 02-02-2015, 11:56 PM   #67
Dennis Hultman
“I assure you my son lacks the magical powers necessary to threaten his friend’s existence,”

Texas school suspends 9-year-old for making ‘terroristic threats’ with magic ‘Hobbit’ ring

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/02/t...c-hobbit-ring/
Quote:
A fourth grader in Kermit, Texas was suspended for making “terroristic threats” after allegedly telling a classmate that he had a “magic ring” that could make the boy disappear, the Odessa American reports.

According to Kermit Elementary School officials, 9-year-old Aiden Steward told a classmate that he possessed a magic ring forged in Mount Doom — a fictional location from J.R.R. Tolkien’s Hobbit and Lord of the Rings series.

Aiden’s father, Jason, told The Daily News that his family had just watched The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies earlier that week, and that his son “didn’t mean anything” when he told his classmate he was in possession of the “one ring to rule them all.”

“Kids act out movies that they see. When I watched Superman as a kid, I went outside and tried to fly,” he said.

“I assure you my son lacks the magical powers necessary to threaten his friend’s existence,” he added. “If he did, I’m sure he’d bring him right back.”

Kermit Elementary Principal Roxanne Greer told the Odessa American that she could not comment on the suspension, because “all student stuff is confidential,” but Steward said that she told him that any and all threats to a child’s safety — including magical ones — would be taken seriously by the school.

He also said that he requested, in writing, a detailed explanation as to how his son’s statements constituted a “terroristic threat,” and that he was told by a representative of the Kermit Independent School District that the school would mail him a letter.

Old 02-03-2015, 12:27 AM   #68
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
“I assure you my son lacks the magical powers necessary to threaten his friend’s existence,”

Texas school suspends 9-year-old for making ‘terroristic threats’ with magic ‘Hobbit’ ring

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/02/t...c-hobbit-ring/

Old 02-03-2015, 01:53 AM   #69
WebSlave
I sure am glad I don't have kids. No telling what the "educational" system in this country is actually doing with their minds if the staff can't separate fact from fantasy.

Old 02-03-2015, 11:37 AM   #70
Big Borg Reptiles
I remember getting suspended in middle school because I put ketchup on a cookie and ate it. Can't even make that up, that's exactly what they wrote in the "reason" slot.

A couple times I got detention slips that didn't even have a reason written on them. Those were always my favorite.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!