Reward Part Deux - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 07:53 PM   #91
DAND
Question Clarification...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND
Hmmm, is the heavy hand getting lighter, or is dennis the recipient of special treatment? Friendly warnings are now being openly issued for infractions to only a chosen few? Odd, very odd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Perhaps you can show me in the rules I have posted where I have specifically made a determination about a thread such as this? I might have, but sorry, I don't remember. THIS notice was specifically directed at the person who posted this thread.

Yeah, I know, I'm being an unfair meanie again......
NOTE: Antagonism is not my intention here. Sarcastic at times, but not antagonistic.

Specifics are now being utilized?

You know, one of the things I really like about Fauna is the ability to pull someone’s quote up to remind that person of something they have said and may have forgotten.

Quote:
No more Mr. Nice Guy, and no more giving the benefit of the doubt to anyone who has a history in their warning point file.
“Anyone” huh? Did I read that correctly? Seeing as how I obviously misunderstood your meaning of "any" recently. I interpret, define anyone to be; "any": unlimited, every, all… and "one": person, individual. Do have a differing definition of this term that what I just explained?

Quote:
Anything with 10 points is an immediate fine and suspension. The 1 pointers will be as well if you have over 9 points on your record. If your record is clean, then you don't have anything to worry about if you make minor errors in judgement. But after 10 of them, then I have to assume you need a stronger incentive to start figuring out the ropes here.
Hmmm, minor error in judgment by someone who has acquired 55 warning points in under a month’s time, yet no stronger incentive to figure out the ropes. Why the gentle touch here?

Quote:
WE are getting VERY hardline here about what will be tolerable or not.
This is “VERY hard line”?
Quote:
That is it. Nowhere else, and not for any reason whatsoever. Any further threads of this kind will get the poster a warning point for "Posting in an inappropriate forum".
No exclamation points, bolded or fully capitalized words. Really took off the gloves there. Gee Ward, I think you were a little rough on the Beaver.

Quote:
The crap is going to end here. No matter how many "crappers" I have to toss out the door in order to do so.
It appears you seem to have missed the one you are sitting on. (explanation: it seems to me that you have been turning a blind eye to dennis’ actions. Now if this is due to him being used as a clean up tool to instigate others to react or just an oversight on your part is unknown and will probably remain so)

Quote:
Did I make up new rules? Sorry I don't remember. Perhaps posting as much as I do late at night is not such a good thing for me to do. I thought I was just finally STRICTLY enforcing the same rules that have been here all along.
Is "Posting in an inappropriate forum" a new rule or an old one? I have found someone being assessed warning points for "Posting in an inappropriate forum" nine months ago back in February. I wonder why this rule isn’t being STRICTLY enforced as the others are. Hmmm, rather odd.

Quote:
harshness is going to be more the rule then the exception in order to get things cleaned up here.
Let me guess, this was the exception? Are there more exceptions to come, or was this the one and only? How does one get to be the recipient of an exception?

Quote:
My feelings are that if you have a fair number of warnings under your belt already, then perhaps you just aren't keen on getting with the program here.
You don’t consider 8 warnings totaling 55 warning points a “fair number”?

Quote:
Anyone who has been here long enough to get several warning points needs to pay more attention to the protocol around here.
You don’t consider 55 warning points “several” or “long enough”?

Quote:
Your actions will dictate how you are treated here. To get respect, you must give respect. If you act like a malicious and antagonistic jerk, you will be treated as one.
Yet someone who makes a multitude of bigoted remarks receives no warning points for such actions. Making bigoted remarks shows respect? Call me crazy but I don’t see it that way. I see it as being disrespectful. Therefore seeing it as being disrespectful and in keeping with “To get respect, you must give respect” way of thinking, this person HAS NOT warranted receiving respect.

While on the subject of bigoted remarks, I was wondering why it seems you have been so quiet on this matter. It seems that when you have a problem with a subject you speak up. Now granted, I can't read all posts here and may have missed any reply or replies you may have made on this subject. I am surprised that his hateful statements were allowed to remain posted and that there was not any warning points assessed for them being made. If you haven't made your opinion on this matter known (I and I'm sure others) would like to know what it is. If you already have, would you please point me in the direction of said response?

Quote:
The "fine and suspension" method will be used, and rather harshly "for a while" to get things on an even keel here as quickly as possible.
Even, as in equal, like, level, same, uniform, fair, balanced, steady and the all popular consistent? How about candid?

Old 11-07-2005, 03:21 PM   #92
Laura Fopiano
David, stand up and take a bow

Quote:
NOTE: Antagonism is not my intention here. Sarcastic at times, but not antagonistic.

You know, one of the things I really like about Fauna is the ability to pull someone’s quote up to remind that person of something they have said and may have forgotten.

“Anyone” huh? Did I read that correctly? Seeing as how I obviously misunderstood your meaning of "any" recently. I interpret, define anyone to be; "any": unlimited, every, all… and "one": person, individual. Do have a differing definition of this term that what I just explained?

Hmmm, minor error in judgment by someone who has acquired 55 warning points in under a month’s time, yet no stronger incentive to figure out the ropes. Why the gentle touch here?

No exclamation points, bolded or fully capitalized words. Really took off the gloves there. Gee Ward, I think you were a little rough on the Beaver.

It appears you seem to have missed the one you are sitting on. (explanation: it seems to me that you have been turning a blind eye to dennis’ actions. Now if this is due to him being used as a clean up tool to instigate others to react or just an oversight on your part is unknown and will probably remain so)

Is "Posting in an inappropriate forum" a new rule or an old one? I have found someone being assessed warning points for "Posting in an inappropriate forum" nine months ago back in February. I wonder why this rule isn’t being STRICTLY enforced as the others are. Hmmm, rather odd.

Let me guess, this was the exception? Are there more exceptions to come, or was this the one and only? How does one get to be the recipient of an exception?

Yet someone who makes a multitude of bigoted remarks receives no warning points for such actions. Making bigoted remarks shows respect? Call me crazy but I don’t see it that way. I see it as being disrespectful. Therefore seeing it as being disrespectful and in keeping with “To get respect, you must give respect” way of thinking, this person HAS NOT warranted receiving respect.

While on the subject of bigoted remarks, I was wondering why it seems you have been so quiet on this matter. It seems that when you have a problem with a subject you speak up. Now granted, I can't read all posts here and may have missed any reply or replies you may have made on this subject. I am surprised that his hateful statements were allowed to remain posted and that there was not any warning points assessed for them being made. If you haven't made your opinion on this matter known (I and I'm sure others) would like to know what it is. If you already have, would you please point me in the direction of said response?

Even, as in equal, like, level, same, uniform, fair, balanced, steady and the all popular consistent? How about candid?

This is the kind of stuff that many of have been thinking, but not quite sure how to say it. I think that you covered it all in this thread. Bravo my friend!!

Old 11-07-2005, 04:55 PM   #93
WebSlave
My replies are in the red text:

Quote:
Quote:
Hmmm, is the heavy hand getting lighter, or is dennis the recipient of special treatment? Friendly warnings are now being openly issued for infractions to only a chosen few? Odd, very odd.
Quote:
Perhaps you can show me in the rules I have posted where I have specifically made a determination about a thread such as this? I might have, but sorry, I don't remember. THIS notice was specifically directed at the person who posted this thread.

Yeah, I know, I'm being an unfair meanie again......

Yes, and obviously from reading the quote you gathered, you have way more free time on your hands then many other people.

Quote:
No more Mr. Nice Guy, and no more giving the benefit of the doubt to anyone who has a history in their warning point file.

Sounds about right. Sorry if I don't subscribe to the notion that I need to follow the desires of a pack if they don't happen to like someone else here. I have not been following whatever else Dennis has stated in other threads, and even if I had, it is not my nature to stalk another member and apply that distaste as incentive to harrass them over it. Sorry if this is not a universally accepted technique here.

Quote:
Anything with 10 points is an immediate fine and suspension. The 1 pointers will be as well if you have over 9 points on your record. If your record is clean, then you don't have anything to worry about if you make minor errors in judgement. But after 10 of them, then I have to assume you need a stronger incentive to start figuring out the ropes here.

Gentle in what way? What rules were violated? I don't think this thread was in good taste, but unfortunately I don't have a rule agains bad taste.

Quote:
WE are getting VERY hardline here about what will be tolerable or not.

What is it about this thread that makes you believe that a hanging was in order? Excuse me if I fail to see that detail, but please, point it out to me.

Quote:
That is it. Nowhere else, and not for any reason whatsoever. Any further threads of this kind will get the poster a warning point for "Posting in an inappropriate forum".

Sorry Wally, but I guess when someone else gets warning points, they sure wish other people would as well, eh?

Quote:
The crap is going to end here. No matter how many "crappers" I have to toss out the door in order to do so.

Blind eye to what? Please tell me what it is that you see that I don't. And while you are at it, please try to drum up some sort of logical reason why I would give preferential treatment to Dennis. I have never has any contact with him beyond the what has taken place on this site. Certainly he has never been a customer of mine, nor an advertiser, so please, tell me what sort of logic you use to come up with that sort of conclusion. As for an instigator, now that is really stretching it. My intent is to clean up this place. Your claim is nonsensical, in my opinion.

Quote:
Did I make up new rules? Sorry I don't remember. Perhaps posting as much as I do late at night is not such a good thing for me to do. I thought I was just finally STRICTLY enforcing the same rules that have been here all along.

It is an old rule. But tell me, have you read the description of this forum. This is called the General BS Forum. You can read the descriptive text yourself. And after so doing, please explain to me why this thread is not appropriate material for this forum. I think it is in bad taste, but as of yet, I have not made it a rule that everyone must post threads and replies that are in good taste.

Quote:
harshness is going to be more the rule then the exception in order to get things cleaned up here.

Again, show me why Dennis is an exception. Explain to me why you think I would make him an exception. Personally, I think you are blinded by your own views of this person and cannot come to grips that your opinion is not universally accepted and embraced by everyone else. Personally I think you need to change the color of the glasses you are looking at this issue through.

Quote:
My feelings are that if you have a fair number of warnings under your belt already, then perhaps you just aren't keen on getting with the program here.

Yup, it's a fair number. But the person has to hit the trip wire with a new violation before the fine and suspension kicks in. I haven't seen that happen yet in this case, regardless of your feelings on the matter.

Quote:
Anyone who has been here long enough to get several warning points needs to pay more attention to the protocol around here.

See above, please.

Quote:
Your actions will dictate how you are treated here. To get respect, you must give respect. If you act like a malicious and antagonistic jerk, you will be treated as one.

I did not read any such posts, so I cannot comment on them. And certainly what someone posted elsewhere or elsewhen is NOT being applied as reason to harrass them in subsequent post. That is called "stalking" and IS specifically mentioned in the rules as being a violation on this site. What does "respect" have to do with my enforcing the rules? In your book does having no respect for someone mean I should stretch the rules enough to find them in violation of them, regardless of the facts of the matter?

See above. I don't have a clue what you are talking about. Perhaps the posting of one or more particular people are bigger blips on your radar screen then they are on mine.

Quote:
The "fine and suspension" method will be used, and rather harshly "for a while" to get things on an even keel here as quickly as possible.

As best as is humanly possible, yes. But if you are beating that old dead horse again about why I don't read every post made on this site, please utilize you impressive talents for finding old quotes and seek out my previous replies to that issue.

Old 11-07-2005, 06:32 PM   #94
Dr Owens
It's fairly obvious that there are some people on this forum that have pretty significant issues with Dennis. That's fine, but we don't kick people off of this forum for being unpopular...people only get removed when they break the rules. With that in mind, where did Dennis break the rules?

You all know how to report posts, so why haven't any of Dennis' posts been reported? It absolutely baffles me that a few people are giving Rich a hard time for allowing someone to continue to post on the forum simply because the people complaining don't like the individual in question. Where is the logic in that kind of thinking? Such complaints are simplistic and obtuse at best.

If Dennis breaks the rules, then he will be dealt with just like anyone else. If he continues to post within the parameters laid out by the rules of this site, then a few of you are just going to have to learn to somehow get past it.

As for Dennis' bigoted remarks about homosexuals, those statements (as deplorable as they were) were made prior to the rules being more strictly enforced. Do some of you want us to go back and strictly enforce the rules in a retroactive manner to Dennis' posts? If so, would you like for the same to be done to your posts? I doubt it.

I'm sorry if some of you don't like this post, but the reality is that membership here is not subject to a popularity contest. It never has been so I am at a loss as to why people would think that it should be now.

Old 11-07-2005, 11:20 PM   #95
DThomas
This was brought up a few days ago in the Hell Forum. This was my reply to the issue. It has not changed. Being able to post on this site is not contigent on popularity. If you do not like someone, put them on IGNORE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DThomas
If he is not breaking the rules, he is pretty free to post whatever he wants. I do not see it as making a mockery of the BOI. On the contrary, most people are intelligent enough to see what he is attempting to do. His actions are having the exact opposite effect than he has intended. Let him post away and continue to show the community the type of person he is. Stiffling him will only hide his true nature from new members that may not be aware of him. Just add him to the "just shot himself in the foot" club member list.

Old 11-08-2005, 12:06 AM   #96
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
If he is not breaking the rules, he is pretty free to post whatever he wants. I do not see it as making a mockery of the BOI. On the contrary, most people are intelligent enough to see what he is attempting to do. His actions are having the exact opposite effect than he has intended. Let him post away and continue to show the community the type of person he is. Stiffling him will only hide his true nature from new members that may not be aware of him. Just add him to the "just shot himself in the foot" club member list.
I agree with your post Dennis. Well except for the attempted "mockery" Since I am the one that posed the question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Owens
It's fairly obvious that there are some people on this forum that have pretty significant issues with Dennis. That's fine, but we don't kick people off of this forum for being unpopular...people only get removed when they break the rules. With that in mind, where did Dennis break the rules?
You all know how to report posts, so why haven't any of Dennis' posts been reported? It absolutely baffles me that a few people are giving Rich a hard time for allowing someone to continue to post on the forum simply because the people complaining don't like the individual in question. Where is the logic in that kind of thinking? Such complaints are simplistic and obtuse at best.

I never thought he violated any rules but I definitely wanted to see others opinions on it including the Moderators. I do think it is in pretty poor taste. That is just my opinion.

I Dennis, agree with this Dennis
Quote:
Just add him to the "just shot himself in the foot" club member list.
about that Dennis

Old 11-08-2005, 08:25 AM   #97
Dennis1
Quote:
On the contrary, most people are intelligent enough to see what he is attempting to do. His actions are having the exact opposite effect than he has intended. Let him post away and continue to show the community the type of person he is. Stiffling him will only hide his true nature from new members that may not be aware of him. Just add him to the "just shot himself in the foot" club member list.
On the contrary
Stiffling him will hide Alot of peoples TRUE natures
To Anyone who feels the need to Know what my "true nature" is
Ill tell them now
To Not be Harassed by the Sanctimonious Denizens Of Hell

Thank you all for your Enlightening Veiws and for hijacking yet another thread

Old 11-08-2005, 08:39 AM   #98
DAND
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis1
On the contrary
Ill tell them now

You must have missed something in the translation from your speach writer. Please consult your notes and/or adviser.

Old 11-08-2005, 09:43 AM   #99
Chris@TSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis1
On the contrary
Ill tell them now

get used to it.

perhaps when you stop trying to whore yourself for "kudos" and pats on the back and simply let people make their own TRUE opinions of you instead of FORCING folks to either come to a good opinion fraudulently or forcefully, or the other extreme.... simply hating your guts.

if someone thinks you're a good guy, i'd rather have them actually beleive that, and say it for the right reasons! just seems FAKE to me any other way.... and anyone who would be okay with something as thoughtless or obviously non-genuine as that would be FAR from a good guy in most anyones opinion.

if you deserve a good guy post or pat on the back, and that someone is a member here, you just may get it. but guess what? the more you try and pull crap like this, the furthest you get from obtaining what you wanted in the first place. a genuine good guy post, etc. Even members left with only GOOD things to say about you will not want to risk catching the flack for posting in favor of you after all this crap you pile up for yourself.... and you keep adding to it and adding to it.....

Cut it out already, stop asking for pats on the back, hell, stop giving away free stuff thinking it is getting you anywhere.

All anyone sees is someone giving crap away hoping people will leave him alone, ignore the crud that spews from his mouth, or be satisfied with freebies and think he's a good guy based on that alone.

(ie. worthless)
you dont seem to understand this, nor what it is you're doing....

nonetheless, eventually you will figure all this out for yourself. I just hope you do it sooner, rather than later. I know you want what most people want, I just hope you decide to go about it the RIGHT way...... instead of making yourself look like, well, you know.............. or you SHOULD know by now

good luck, keep up the very good work.

Old 11-08-2005, 10:08 AM   #100
Cat_72
Can I get an A-MEN?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread