QUESTIONS FOR THE FEMALE SNAKE-OWNERS - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:03 AM   #121
Sassinator1
1. What type of snake(s) do you own?
Corn snake, King snakes, Ball pythons, Milk snakes, Boa constrictors and one wild caught rough green snake.

2. What sparked your interest in the particular snake(s) you own?
Corn snakes-it was all the beautiful colors there are of them. Kingsnakes and milk snakes-Their strong patterns and colors also I like their personalities. Ball pythons-I love their thick bodies and cute round eyes and their (most of the time) sweet temperments. Boa c.- Their eyes! Fantastic! I also like their thick bodies. Rough green snake-a beautiul green color and that fact that it is wild caught means a lot to me.

3. Do you have help with your snake(s)?
Not usually. My husband and 5 year old has helped change the waters a couple of times, but my hubby and I made an agreement-He takes care of our three ferrets and I take care of my 12 snakes.

4. How tall are you?
5' 3"

5. Does your choice of snake have anything to do with your size/age?
Not age but definitely size. I don't want any snake that could potentially seriously harm or kill me and especially my young kids. Of course I promised my husband that I wouldn't get any boa constrictors but I couldn't help it they were so gorgeous!

6. Does your choice of snake have anything to do with your security/safety factor?
Same as above.- I don't want any snake that could potentially seriously harm or kill me and especially my young kids.

7. What is your age group?
26-40

8. How many of you have had your love of the scaley ones ruin a relationship ?? Friend? Lover?? IN LAW??

No but it sometimes causes strain with my husband who admits to being jealous of them. I try and spend most of my time with the snakes when hemy hubby is at work. When he comes home from work I try and leave the snakes alone and spend more time with him.

9. Do you have an "if I die" list, of who gets, or what to do with the "collection" once you pass?
No, but that is a good idea. The only one in my family who loves them even remotely close as I do is my 5 year old daughter. She adores them.

10. Why do you keep the species you work with? What are your goals with them?
They are all gorgeous and fascinating to me. I am a bit obsessed with them. I would like to breed some of them and with that make my hobby self-sustainable (selling the babies to afford the nice cages, food and future snakes). I have not bred yet but I am hoping to start next year.

12. How do your friends view your hobby / deal with your obsession?
They always ask if I have bought a new snake, cause I am always buying some and/or trading some. I think they find it amusing.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:09 PM   #122
Will0W783
I already answered the questions, but I have to add that I am bringing more of my friends around to the snakes. I have also made a few new friends because of them. I get asked a lot of questions and a lot of coworkers think I am insane but they always want to see pictures and are curious about meeting the scaly ones some time. It's really great when our passion for our snakes can bring other people around to seeing the beauty in these really unique creatures.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:13 PM   #123
crissabella
Brazilian Rainbow Boa, Ball Python, Gray-Banded Kingsnake, Paradox Albino Sand Boa, and 4 of the Paradox Albino's offspring, which are Kenyan "Flames"

I've always loved Ball Pythons, The Brazilian, i wanted a Boa that didn't get too large and his coloring is just spectacular. The Kingsnake and the Paradox Albino were given to me by family friends, and the Sand Boa was gravid when i got her.

No, i take care of them all by myself!

4. How tall are you?
5'8"

Age had nothing to do with it, but size did. Since i was going to be taking care of them myself, i did not want a large snake that could possibly harm me.

6. Does your choice of snake have anything to do with your security/safety factor?
Same as above

26-40

8. How many of you have had your love of the scaley ones ruin a relationship ?? Friend? Lover?? IN LAW??
I haven't had that happen, yet

9. Do you have an "if I die" list, of who gets, or what to do with the "collection" once you pass?
No, but that is a great idea!

All of my snakes are wonderful, fascinating animals that i just love having as pets. I do hope to breed one of my male Flames back to his mother to see if i'll get more Paradoxes.

They are fascinated that i keep them and they always ask me how they are doing. They also call me "The Snake Charmer" as a nickname!

Old 04-28-2010, 06:42 PM   #124
bad-one
Ball pythons

I used to have a corn, and one day I saw a baby ball python and I just loved it. I like the thicker bodied snakes the most. I also love the various colors/patterns ball pythons have!

Nope, I do everything by myself.

4. How tall are you?
5' 9 3/4" being tall is awesome

No

No

I'm 18

So far no issues

9. Do you have an "if I die" list, of who gets, or what to do with the "collection" once you pass ?
Not yet, but that has been on my mind. I think right now if I passed my parents would give my animals to the local herp shop or sell them locally.

I enjoy ball pythons and I would love to breed for my favorite color morphs

11. How do you break the news to future b/fs?
Snakes are generally one of the first things I talk about with someone so... yeah. People know right off the bat lol

They are cool with it, but I think they find it a little wierd.

If you feel so inclined, add questions of your own that you'd like answers to, from your fellow female snake-lovers!

13. How long/from what age have you kept snakes?

I had my corn when I was either 8 or 9 and I've always had a snake since then. So I've had snakes for 9-10 years already

I think the reason I like snakes/reptiles in general stems from my love of dinosaurs as a kid. I've been lucky enough to have open minded parents when it came to pets

Old 04-28-2010, 07:59 PM   #125
SakaraGT4
boas, retics, a burm, a ball python

I have always loved snakes, and when i was finally able to get one I got a boa... It went from there, lol... I got a burm and started from there with the big ones... Retics are smart and beautiful which drew me to them

(This is NOT a married/single question! Some of us have snakes & husbands/boyfriends that want nothing to do with them!)
yes, the hubby helps, other then snake poo, LOL

4. How tall are you?
6ft even

nope... I own what I enjoy and what I can take care of... And of course with help when it comes to the giants!

nope... I have help with the giants/to be giants

15-25 - 24!
26-40
41-50
Older than that, but none of your business!
None of you're business, no matter how old I am!

Old 04-28-2010, 08:02 PM   #126
SakaraGT4
didn't see the rest of the questions!!

nope! Ryan was fine with me getting them

9. Do you have an "if I die" list, of who gets, or what to do with the "collection" once you pass ?
no, but I should make one!

I love boas which is why I have mostly boas, lol... There are some morphs I want to create as well as producing beautiful snakes at good prices... same with the retics

I'm married he knows, LOL

most are cool... some are a little weirded out

a couple years but I have been working with reptiles since I was a pre-teen

Old 05-05-2010, 10:55 PM   #127
queen_of_pain666
Right now just Ball Pythons and baby anaconda and i've had a blood and a red-tailed boa

I've had a ball python for five years and I finally am allowed to breed them and I like the anaconda because I love large species and I'm starting a zoo.

(This is NOT a married/single question! Some of us have snakes & husbands/boyfriends that want nothing to do with them!)
Never! lol. My rents don't have anything to do with the snakes/reptiles/invertebrates

4. How tall are you?
5'9.5" ??

Well! I'm young, so there's nothing holding me back from the big snakes, and I doubt that anything ever will...

Nope, I've been with tons of snakes, but I do like to hold them, so I get laid-back species (besides the anaconda). I do want to get some venomous snakes soon, but I will use all the safety precautions.

15-25
26-40
41-50
Older than that, but none of your business!
None of you're business, no matter how old I am!

Old 06-20-2010, 01:09 PM   #128
mudfreckles
Ball Pythons

We breed bearded dragons and crested geckos. I wanted to get into snakes and i was told ball pythons make the best pets.

Yes my boyfriend loves them as well but i fund most of the projects.

4. How tall are you?
5"11'

no

I do take pride in showing people my animals and it is great that you can pass around a ball python without worry. There are other lines in the future I would like to get into.

I'm 23

Old 06-20-2010, 01:20 PM   #129
mudfreckles
oops! hehe heres the rest

none, but people definitely think I'm crazy spending the amount of m oney i do on ball python morphs. But most people fall in love and get hooked to with a little coaxing that they're not aggressive or scary. I do feel kinda crazy myself when it comes to people asking what the price tag was. I guess people blow that amount on designer stuff so it isn't that much more different.

no, I'm young and try to live for today. Will ball pythons you don't really have to worry that much though. if people are going to pay that price they will be taken care of.

I'd like to breed and make some beautiful healthy clutches. But I'm not pushing any of my females. When they hit the right weight we'll see what happens. =)

They'd just have to deal with my zoo of crested geckos, beardies, ball pythons, horse, and whatever else I purchase along the way lol.

they think their beautiful but think im crazy for paying what i do for them.

not even a year. we're new into snakes.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:44 PM   #130
Elizabeth Minton
1. i own ball pythons:normals,pastels.het caramel, and others on hold
2. i have loved snakes since i was younge. when i turned 18 i bought my first normal female ball and fell in love with ball pythons
3. i do not have any help caring for my snakes
4. i am 5.0
5. no i just have a love for my choice of snake
6. no my choice of snake would be the same no matter my security or safty
7. 15-25
8. i can never get enough of ball pythons.... i want them all

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!