For those of you who missed the announcement: HerpWantAds.com - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 05-17-2004, 03:38 PM   #1
WebSlave
Arrow For those of you who missed the announcement: HerpWantAds.com

HerpWantAds

I decided to resurrect the ancestor of my FaunaClassifieds.com site as a dedicated classified ads website. Just started it up this morning, so for all you people wanting to buy and sell herp related merchandise and animals, please check it out and give it a whirl.

I have been toying with the idea of whether or not to roll back to HerpWantAds or not and drop the idea of trying to cover all of the animal groups, but I hated to throw a monkey wrench into the inertia this site has had lately by making such a major change. Plus people have been asking for a way to make the classified ads here easier to use. So this seemed to be a reasonable solution to address both issues with one shot.

The forum structure here does an OK job of allowing people to post classified ads, but I figured maybe genuine software for the real thing may be of better service to everyone.

Let me know if you find any gremlins in there. I haven't completely tested everything in there, so it's possible there may be a glitch or three.

NOTE: This notice will be removed shortly. I know there are people who come to this site and ONLY read the BOI and nothing else, so I wanted to get their attention.

Thanks.

Old 05-17-2004, 03:56 PM   #2
JungleHabitats
Thumbs up Thanks RICH !!!!

i think you made a good choice in the rebirth of herpwantads.com

i will definately be wearing a hole in the screen there lol
thanks again for all the great things you provide all of us

Old 05-17-2004, 04:41 PM   #3
Lynn
Thumbs up

Rich
This is the best thing to happen since sliced bread..Thank You ...
I plan on posting in the very near future..

Old 05-17-2004, 05:24 PM   #4
KodiakWood
Talking

Great Idea Rich but have one ? if I dont use my sign on bonus can I contribute it good cause like turn it back to you or start a fund for ppl who get scammed just a thought still its a great idea( the site)

Old 05-17-2004, 05:33 PM   #5
Gary O
I like Rich. Very well put together.......

Old 05-17-2004, 06:29 PM   #6
WebSlave
Quote:
if I dont use my sign on bonus can I contribute it good cause like turn it back to you or start a fund for ppl who get scammed just a thought still its a great idea( the site)
Bear in mind these are just credits that can be applied towards the special enhancements to the placed ads. If someone doesn't use them, they certainly are not going to get any cash back from me! If they don't use it, they lose it. And no, they are not transferrable. It's an introductory offer so people can try out the special features without having to pay for them. As such, it will not be offered forever, either. At some point that bonus will be dropped down to $10 or so, but right now I want people to wring it out as much as possible using all of the features.

BTW, I have Ritchie Luna to thank for that program script. I had been looking for a decent classified ads script for a while now, but just couldn't locate one I liked. Ritchie told me he was starting up his own classifieds site (HerpVenue.com) and was gracious enough to give me the link to the company selling that script.

I was almost tempted to contact Dani Wilson about installing the original code he wrote for HerpWantAds, but it is written in Perl, and I am not at all fond of working in that programming language.

Old 05-17-2004, 06:39 PM   #7
KodiakWood
Talking

Rich I was only kidding about the sign on bonus You run a great site and Im Proud to be a part of it{in my small way} thanks again Billy

Old 05-18-2004, 07:15 AM   #8
HerpVenue
And I have Rich to thank to.

He basically reminded me to change my colors.
I was thinking I was forgetting something.......something very important.
Then I went and looked at Rich's and realized what it was.
His was pretty and mine was ugly. Then I remembered I was gonna work on it after studying.
So poof instead of studying for my promotion boards I worked on the colors instead.

It was kinda fun e-mailing Rich back and forth while we worked on our own classifieds. I felt like I was in college again working on a project with other "classmates". Only thing different was after we were done we could not go out for a beer or party.....oh well

Old 05-18-2004, 07:19 AM   #9
HerpVenue
Oh yeah.....
It has been advised over and over again not to put all your eggs in one basket.

That one basket breaks you lose all your eggs.

Well here are two up and coming sites folks. Utilize utilize utilize.

I was watching a stupid movie with Kevin Costner.
The voices kept saying if you build it they will come.
So he built a baseball field.............(huh?)

Rich and I built classifieds.

Now I say to you.
If you post it....AND utilize it.....they will come.

Old 05-18-2004, 08:36 PM   #10
Tom McKenna
COOL always nice to have another site to advertise at!!

Tom McKenna

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!