I NEED HELP FAST!!!!! <----------- - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-11-2006, 05:30 PM   #1
themancmt
I NEED HELP FAST!!!!! <-----------

OK GUYS I REALLY NEED SOME HELP ON THIS ONE!! MY GIRLFRIENDWENT OUT AND BOUGHT ME 2 VERY RED DRAGONS FOR MY BIRTHDAY (1M/1F). I'VE HAD THEM FOR ABOUT 2-3 WEEKS NOW. THE MALE IS DOING GREAT.HE LOOKS GOOD AND EATS GREAT. HE IS IN MINT CONDITION, BUT THE FEMALE SHE IS NOT DOING SO GOOD. SHE EATS LIKE A PIG BUT SHE STOPPED USING HERE FRONT LEFT LEG. I DID NOT KNOW WHAT WAS GOING ON. THEN ABOUT A WEEK LATER HER RIGHT BACK LEG STOPPED WORKING. I HAVE THE UVB LIGHT AND I GIVE THEM PLENTY OF CALCIUM POWDER ON THERE CRICKETS AND GREENS. THESE DRAGONS ARE ONLY ABOUT 9" LONG AND THEY ARE BOTH GREAT. DO YOU THINK THE MALE IS DOING THIS TO HER? I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON. THEY LAY ON EACH OTHER ALL THE TIME AND I NEVER SEEN HIM BE AGGRESSIVE TOWARDS HER AT ALL. SHE STILL EATS LIKE A PIG BUT I WANT HER TO BE HEALTHY. ANY INFO WOULD BE VERY HELPFULL. OR IF SOME ONE COULD TELL ME A GOOD VET IN THE DOWNRIVER AREA (MICHIGAN) THAT DEALS WITH EXOTICS PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

THANKS,

CHRIS THEMANCMT@YAHOO.COM

Old 06-11-2006, 07:00 PM   #2
Steve Hamm
If you don't mind driving a few hours there is Dr.Durham in Kentwood Mi,he deals with reptiles and is a very knowledgable person,and the vet is Woodland Veternary Clinic here is there site www.woodlandvet.net.Or get ahold of the MSH(Michigan Society of Herpetologist),they may be able to help you out and they are on your side of the state.Here is there info
http://www.michherp.org/main1.html

Hope one of them might be helpful,good look and keep us posted

Steve Hamm

Old 06-11-2006, 07:39 PM   #3
Rebel Dragons
It's hard to say what might be causing the paralysis. It could be impaction, it could be a wound, it could be a ton of things. Too many "things" it might be....... I would separate them immediately and get the vet right away.

Good luck,

Old 06-11-2006, 08:28 PM   #4
themancmt
THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS!! I FOUND A VET NEAR BY IN SOUTHGATE THAT WORKS WITH REPTILES ON www.michherp.org. SHE WILL BE GOING TOMARROW AFTER I GO TO WORK.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!