A few Deer hunting pics - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 12-12-2003, 08:52 PM   #31
Copperheadman
For 2 weeks I stalked a good 11 point(sometimes he stalked me!!) last month.Seems he would only show himself when I'd be drinking a cup of coffee of had just lit a cigarette.But it got gunned down less than 100 yards from me by some pr**k that was too lazy to get out of his truck.But I did manage to get one of his smaller(way smaller) counterpatrs a few days later.Sorry no pic..too embarrasing.

Old 12-14-2003, 01:11 AM   #32
Dan's_herps
then why did you shoot it???

Old 12-14-2003, 11:24 AM   #33
Copperheadman
simple

Like Realvenum...for the meat...no matter how many times you boil it..you still can't eat a rack.

Old 12-14-2003, 03:42 PM   #34
NEWReptiles
Quote:
...no matter how many times you boil it..you still can't eat a rack.
Preach on brother...

Old 12-14-2003, 03:45 PM   #35
Missymonkey
Quote:
But it got gunned down less than 100 yards from me by some pr**k that was too lazy to get out of his truck.
Just as a side note, my mother is handicap and hunts from the truck, so not all hunters that hunt from their vehicle is a prick. And I believe that in WI you must be handicap in order to hunt from a vehicle. I may be wrong on that though.

(I didn't take any offense, just an fyi. I too get offended when "hunters" drink and hunt in stupid ways. It always strikes me when I hear on the news that a hunter was shot because someone thought he/she was a deer. We wear blaze orange for pete's sake!!! It's not exactly a forest color!)

Old 12-14-2003, 03:51 PM   #36
Copperheadman
Just the fact that your mother hunts,I will give her major props!!I think that that is great. But here in Ark. it is illegal to discharge a firearm from a vehicle,especially when on a county maintained road. Most hunting accidents like that are usually the results of shooting at anything that moves. These are the types of people that give all hunters bad names....BTW I hope your mother gets a deer this year!!

Old 12-15-2003, 08:41 AM   #37
WaranTor
Quote:
BTW I hope your mother gets a deer this year!!
I HOPE SHE GETS TWO!

and yes its those few idiots that give us a bad name!

Old 12-20-2003, 12:08 AM   #38
snakegetters
I can't figure out why anybody would prefer to shoot a tough old deer with a big rack over a nice plump juicy doe or a tender young spike. Given the choice between a wall decoration and a lot of really good dinners, I'll take the better groceries every time.

Every bit of a young deer is delicious, and it doesn't need to be ground into hamburger to be edible either. Aim for the food next time instead of the antlers and you won't be sorry! Nothing beats a plump young animal with a solid square chest and well filled out hindquarters. That's what I always look for. Old, tough, gamy animals with big racks can go breed more of the young and tender ones.

Here in Central Florida wild hogs are pretty much all I hunt. They are feral and non native, so they are the most environmentally responsible choice for local hunters. The buggers eat snakes and other small animals and trash fragile native root systems. *grumble* My oven is a good way to help solve that problem, one tasty hog at a time.

Old 12-20-2003, 07:47 AM   #39
Copperheadman
Tanith

Standing Ovation!!! :deer:

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!