How often do baby Rosys bite? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Rosy, Sand, Ground Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-23-2004, 01:27 AM   #1
Stevefromsd
How often do baby Rosys bite?

I just had a baby Rosy born and it is biting a lot right now. Is that common to a baby not used to being held or just "one of those exceptions"?

Old 10-23-2004, 09:24 AM   #2
lds2
Biting in baby Rosys is usually just a feeding response. If you feed in their cage, you might find that they strike each time you place your hand in the cage. Try feeding your Rosy outside of the cage for a while. I have a yearing that still strikes every once in a while, but it doesn't hurt.

If you still want to let them go, let me know.

Old 10-23-2004, 11:05 AM   #3
Stevefromsd
Don't they have to shed before you can feed them for the first time?

Old 10-23-2004, 12:18 PM   #4
Sand&SunReptile
That depends. If their yoke sack is completely absorbed, and they have been alive for a week or more, then they can eat without having a prior shed.

Old 10-25-2004, 04:48 PM   #5
psykel
i have 2 females that no matter how much you handle them they will bite every time
even after a big meal
my babies strike but only ones will bite
my younger male rosy boa is layed back and doesnt care what you do takes alot to try and get him to bite you

Old 11-03-2004, 07:18 AM   #6
Sand&SunReptile
Nothing I have bites much.
The female rosy will bite, when it's feeding time, and that's about it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!