Horizontal Banner Area - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:41 AM   #1
Lucille
Horizontal Banner Area

There is a horizontal banner in yellow, above. It appears to change every few minutes. Sometimes it appears to have ads for a company, other times there are somewhat intriguing banners. One offers 'free beer'. (I drink beer maybe a couple times a year and like Shiner so didn't click) Another says 'Warning, do not click here' (I didn't).

Definitely an attention getting area.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:58 AM   #2
hhmoore
GoogleAds
They're sometimes very random; but, if you do product searches (using Chrome or Google), you'll often find that the ads are geared toward those interests.
I was using my tablet this morning - those ads are always random, but neither the OS or search engine are Google based. I use Chrome on my desktop for much of my day to day online activities, and those ads are almost always related to personal interests.

Currently, when not featuring items related to my online activity, I'm getting a few of those annoying ads that "start" when the cursor passes over them. These aren't nearly as bad as the ones a few months back, because they are easily ignored - with the other ones, I had to stop what I was doing and physically close the ad.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:42 AM   #3
WebSlave
Actually, what Lucille is referring to is the text ad option that is fed from my FaunaAds.com website that handles the banner graphics advertising front end for my sites.

http://faunaads.com/ads/index.php?se...n=adzone&id=40

Old 04-16-2014, 11:48 AM   #4
hhmoore
Oops.
Admittedly, I mostly ignore all that stuff. The only reason I see the GoogleAds is their placement - guess I immediately scroll so the horizontal navigation bar (User CP, etc) is at the top of my screen.

Old 04-16-2014, 12:00 PM   #5
Lucille
So what happens when one clicks the 'Warning do not click' banner?

Old 04-16-2014, 12:12 PM   #6
hhmoore
Electric shock administered through the mouse.
Rich has been talking about that feature for a while, I think he's in the testing phase.

I've started looking, but haven't seen that one, yet

Old 04-16-2014, 12:32 PM   #7
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Electric shock administered through the mouse.
Rich has been talking about that feature for a while, I think he's in the testing phase.

Bet if it works he could get the infraction level waaaaaaaay down

Old 04-16-2014, 12:56 PM   #8
hhmoore
It came up, and I did it...got a big shock.

It wasn't electric, though - just an ad.

Old 04-16-2014, 12:59 PM   #9
Lucille
I've been keeping an eye on the banner area now just out of curiosity and there are some good deals to be had up there. I saw one vendor with a 20-50%off and $39 shipping.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!