Retirement.. - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:01 PM   #61
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post

As for dropping in on herp society meetings, who the heck would care to have a has-been corn snake breeder there? When I told them my name, most would just say "Who??" I didn't get famous from this stuff. I have NEVER walked into a McDonald's and had anyone recognize me and give me a free happy meal or ask for my autograph............. Matter of fact, I have only once run into anyone outside of this little sphere of interest that recognized my name. And that was many years ago when I used to frequent the usenet group for Jeeps.

So no, I never have had the misconception that I rose up from being a nobody to being a somebody simply because I bred cornsnakes for a living. It's only a very small group of people that would recognize my name, all things considered.
You will never be a 'has been' ..... you may be retired... but you have done so much for the herp community and the cornsnake morph craze. I only hope I can come up with one new color morph....

Even if you sell SerpenCo lock, stock, and barrell... it will never be the same SerpenCo without you at the helm.

I wish you the best in your traveling days.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:07 PM   #62
R. Eventide
I don't know you all that well, especially since I have only recently been visiting this site with any frequency. However, if it weren't for breeders like you and sites like this, I never would have discovered just how awesome this hobby is. Also, anyone in any sort of moderator position on a message board gets millions of kudos from me; that's a dirty, thankless job at the best of times!

So hats off to you for this wonderful site and all you have done for those who visit it. o7

Enjoy your retirement!

Old 06-07-2009, 10:01 PM   #63
irishanaconda
umm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tuniwha View Post
you leave shane out of this
i just read this u basterd

Old 06-07-2009, 10:36 PM   #64
TrulyRare
Well I wish you luck in your desicion!! I personally did not know you owned SerpenCo, in which now I feel stupid LOL, but I'm still semi new to this hobby and on who's who.

I really hope things work out for the best to you, because it scares me to think of my future as well. I'm heading into a main career and just do this as a hobby.

Old 03-02-2014, 07:08 PM   #65
WebSlave
Well, yesterday I actually felt RETIRED. Got my first retirement check from the state of Florida. One of these days I'll get around to filing for social security too..... Then I'll be able to afford a really SPIFFY wheelchair.....

Old 03-04-2014, 12:56 AM   #66
LauraB
Quote:
Then I'll be able to afford a really SPIFFY wheelchair
I have two, for everyday use. Both serve me well

Bottom line ... enjoy; you both have earned it.
Attached Images

Old 03-05-2014, 11:57 AM   #67
Mistyck
Haha Laura, I think he might prefer a Corvette wheelchair. He should invent one...lol

Old 03-05-2014, 04:57 PM   #68
LauraB
Hmm, I think you're absolutely correct, Brand!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!