Trader's Ratings feedback - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

View Poll Results: Do you want the Trader's Ratings opened to voting by non-paying members?
YES! 17 33.33%
NO! 34 66.67%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-16-2013, 12:18 AM   #11
hhmoore
Rich, the poll is only letting me vote once. That's ridiculous and a rip-off...I mean, between the 8 yrs I've been a member, the fancy red coins, and my name being blue, I figure I should be able to vote at least 3 times. Who ever heard of such a thing - I should be able to vote more; for the reasons already stated, and because I'm both smart and special (my mom said so - if necessary, I can get a note to that effect to show you). My opinion matters, after all; and I should be able to make it known.

Old 12-16-2013, 12:25 AM   #12
hhmoore
Oh, wait. You mean I can post in a special section of the site that you put here for this purpose?
Hmmm... let me think about that.
No! That doesn't matter, and it isn't good enough. I just want to vote more times; because voting is easy, and I don't have to worry about extra rules, spelling, or grammar.

Old 12-16-2013, 09:56 PM   #13
chazzz
Hahaha, that gave me a good laugh Harald!!!

As funny as Harald's posts were, they have truth to them in that no matter what you do someone will be unhappy with it and find a reason to complain. It's impossible to make everyone happy. I'm sure Rich, Harald, April and the rest of the moderators here know this very well.

Having features like the BOI and the Trader Rating available, there will always be people that abuse the privilege. The trick is finding a way to cut down the ability for the features to be abused. You won't be able to stop everyone, as some people are so determined to be dishonest.

Personally I would leave it how it is. But if a change were made to the Trader Rating so it allows non-paying members the ability to use it, I would make it similar to how the Karma system is setup. So non-paying members can only leave positive feedback for trader ratings. I know this doesn't help with people creating bogus accounts to give themselves positive ratings. But it will curb the false negative feedback created by bogus accounts which is far more damaging IMO, by competitors or due to personal issues that have nothing to do with transactions.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:30 AM   #14
allesuberschildkroten
Also I recently saw someone was given a negative trader rating bc the seller was quote "rude" when the seller responded to them. I dont think that its fair they can leave a negative trader rating for that. You should only be able to if you actually made a transaction. Any way to fix that?

Old 12-19-2013, 08:37 AM   #15
hhmoore
Not a good one; as ratings aren't restricted to transactions resulting from ads placed on this site.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:45 AM   #16
allesuberschildkroten
But how can it be determined if the seller was really rude, and they get dinged for a bad rating bc of what someone else perceived as them being rude. I just don't understand why others should get dinged for being "rude" when they poss werent.. I figure its something that no one will change, it just doesn't seem fair if no transaction took place to get negative points for that. I know the "fair" only comes once a year and stuff.

Old 12-19-2013, 11:38 AM   #17
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by allesuberschildkroten View Post
Also I recently saw someone was given a negative trader rating bc the seller was quote "rude" when the seller responded to them. I dont think that its fair they can leave a negative trader rating for that. You should only be able to if you actually made a transaction. Any way to fix that?
Sorry, but no. We are not going to get into the middle of every spat that takes place between people here. Just because I own and run this site, and the moderators volunteer to help out, doesn't mean that we want to play "daddy" to everyone.

Old 12-19-2013, 11:40 AM   #18
allesuberschildkroten
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Sorry, but no. We are not going to get into the middle of every spat that takes place between people here. Just because I own and run this site, and the moderators volunteer to help out, doesn't mean that we want to play "daddy" to everyone.
Did I say play daddy?? Don't think I did, I said make it to where you cant leave negative feedback cause someone was rude thats all..

Old 12-19-2013, 11:44 AM   #19
allesuberschildkroten
Why should get a bad rating if a transaction didn't take place? So its just ok, if you didn't like how someone responded to you to leave them negative feedback? That seems to defeat the purpose of TRADER RATING. Considering the only options are seller, buyer or trade. Not "They hurt my feelings"

Old 12-19-2013, 12:20 PM   #20
Magic
Justin,

Most buyers aren't stupid. If they look into a seller's feedback and trader ratings and see that someone has left a negative for rude or inappropriate behavior, they can ascertain themselves if the seller is truly that just by conversing and make an informed decision.

I appreciate it when someone lets me know if a seller (or buyer!) is immature or rude. You'll find many sellers won't sell to someone that's rude or impolite- it only creates a headache down the road. There are many buyers also who just don't deal with rude seller. I don't.

Bottom line for me? If you know that you'll be judged (via BOI or trader ratings) on ALL DEALINGS that alone will keep many honest. Don't curse and use racial slurs or act a fool in any communications, and you'll not have many issues.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!