Are there any forum rules regarding how PM's are used in response to ads? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 03-07-2014, 08:49 PM   #1
poomwah
Are there any forum rules regarding how PM's are used in response to ads?

I don't know if there are any rules against it, but is there anything that can be done about people responding to an ad not with questions about the animal but instead merely trying to cause trouble?
I'm trying to find the animal a home and I'd rather only receive messages about that, not people trying to start something.
Is there any rule against this? or are private messages in response to ads pretty much open to anything?
Thanks

Old 03-07-2014, 09:44 PM   #2
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by poomwah View Post
I don't know if there are any rules against it, but is there anything that can be done about people responding to an ad not with questions about the animal but instead merely trying to cause trouble?
I'm trying to find the animal a home and I'd rather only receive messages about that, not people trying to start something.
Is there any rule against this? or are private messages in response to ads pretty much open to anything?
Thanks
Sorry, but we just do not want to get into the middle of every little thing between every member here. I'm not real big on micro-management.

Old 03-07-2014, 09:48 PM   #3
poomwah
thanks web slave. I figured I'd ask. I guess if it keeps up I'll have to pull the ad down.
thanks

Old 03-08-2014, 04:05 PM   #4
WebSlave
You do know that you can just ignore private messages when you want to, don't you?

Old 03-08-2014, 05:00 PM   #5
poomwah
Lol. I know. Just annoying when the PM says it's a response to the ad. Hate to ignore it if it might be a legitimate interest in the animal .

Old 03-08-2014, 08:55 PM   #6
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by poomwah View Post
Lol. I know. Just annoying when the PM says it's a response to the ad. Hate to ignore it if it might be a legitimate interest in the animal .
Seth, not much is ever sugar coated around here. I believe you were running your for sale ad at the same time you were trying to get refunded for a sick non feeding yellow ratsnake. both were one in the same. think about it.

Old 03-08-2014, 09:01 PM   #7
poomwah
I understand ad. But first of all there was never anything about it being sick. And sending PM's with opinions about the BOI thread are one thing. Responding to the ad just to start trouble is an abuse of the forum. That's all I'm trying to say. If someone wants to send you a message with the subject I hate you, or you stink, or even hello, then give you crap , well that's different. Those could just be ignored like Web Slave mentioned.
But, I think its poor form to send one with the subject Yellow Rat Snake for sale in NW Ohio, and then it be someone who has no interest in the snake at all but just wants to cause trouble.
Sorry, was just my opinion.

Old 03-08-2014, 09:03 PM   #8
poomwah
ps. and sorry for going off topic, but I can't help it Ed.
Please do me a favor and go have some pizza, maybe some bagels or maybe some roast beef on a nice hard roll.
I just noticed where you live. I grew up in Jersey, and the food is AWFUL out here.

Old 03-09-2014, 08:36 PM   #9
poomwah
I just got a PM telling me that they gave me bad karma because I shouldn't have told Ed to go hush and eat because I don't like him.
Ed, I just wanted to make sure you understood the last post I left. Ed, I don't dislike you, I don't even know you. I hope you didn't take my last post in a bad way. It wasn't meant to tell you to be quiet. It was a genuine friendly post. I miss the food out there and was just leaving a genuine, friendly reminder to enjoy the food out there.
Sorry if you took it the wrong way.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:07 PM   #10
Ed Clark
Seth, I did not take it the wrong way...hell I was not sure how to take it. all the talk about food made me hungry so I took a ride to the deli to get an italian hoagie with hots and a tall iced tea with lemon.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!