Inbox Viewer? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 03-11-2014, 04:43 PM   #1
rcarichter
Inbox Viewer?

Probably an extremely stupid question, but I've been there before. When I open Fauna, there's a banner that says I have to install a new 'inbox viewer' to view any new private messages. This is just spam, right? Has there been any actual change to the pm system here?

Thanks!

Noelle

Old 03-11-2014, 06:33 PM   #2
Ed Clark
I get the same Chris, it looks like spam

Old 03-11-2014, 06:47 PM   #3
AbsoluteApril
There haven't been any changes that I am aware of. You should not have to download anything to view your inbox. I vote spam

Old 03-11-2014, 08:41 PM   #4
rcarichter
Thanks, Ed and April. That's good enough for me!

Old 03-11-2014, 09:39 PM   #5
WebSlave
Where, exactly, are you seeing that message about the viewer?

Old 03-11-2014, 09:46 PM   #6
Ed Clark
This is a copy/ paste after I opened it up.

Quote:
You're missing a tool to view private messages. Please follow these steps:
Click Here, Free Download! "The best way to quickly view messages!"

Quickly view private messages!
With InboxAce™, you can quickly access your private messages with a simple click of a button!

Gmail™, YahooMail™, and AOL Mail™!
InboxAce™ supports your favourite email services: Gmail™, YahooMail™, AOL Mail™ and Hotmail™!

Safe & Secure
InboxAce™ is not only easy to use, we also put your privacy and safety at the top of our priorities.

The InboxAce™ toolbar offers convenient web search, homepage, and default search. More info.

Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc. is the source of the InboxAce™ application. Any third party products, brands or trademarks listed above are the sole property of their respective owner. No affiliation or endorsement is intended or implied.
EULA|Privacy|Uninstall|Contact
© 2014 InboxViewer

Old 03-11-2014, 09:47 PM   #7
Ed Clark
Its when you first sign on just under the Fauna tool bar..

Old 03-11-2014, 09:50 PM   #8
WebSlave
Is it coming from a Google ad, pop up, part of this site, what.....?

I'm still stinging from when my server got hacked into, so if this is a sign of another intrusion, I want to stamp it out QUICKLY.

Old 03-11-2014, 09:57 PM   #9
Ed Clark
It appears to be an ad.

Old 03-11-2014, 10:01 PM   #10
rcarichter
I can't seem to get a screen shot of it, because, well, I'm an idiot. Rich, if you log in as me and just keep refreshing the home page a few times, you'll see it.

Noelle

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!