Books - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-16-2003, 10:15 PM   #1
jdg
Books

I know there's a world of information on the internet, but in my mind, nothing beats good old-fashioned books. What are your book recommendations? Anything pertaining to pythons applies here - general care, species-specific information, natural history, etc.

The book I've found most helpful in general is Keeping and Breeding Snakes by Chris Mattison.

Old 01-29-2003, 05:33 PM   #2
BrianB
Check out the book section of www.herpsupplies.com

They have a good selection, including good prices on the AVS series.

Personally, I have the edition prior to the current one of the Ball Python Manual, and the current Boa Constrictor Manual, and both are pretty solid books. I have the TFH Keeping and Breeding Snakes, which has some decent info, but which seems a bit dated.

Next book I intend to get is The Reproductive Husbandry of Boas and Pythons, which I've heard good things about.

Old 01-30-2003, 08:01 AM   #3
meretseger
Ooh, I want that book too! I'm glad to hear it's good, I always worry about wasting 35 odd bucks on a sucky book.
I haven't really found any general husbandry books that stand out yet, although Snakes: The Evolution of Mystery in Nature is an excellent one on natural history. I also have one called the Encyclopedia of Snakes (has a hairy bush viper on the cover) that's really good.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!