How to warn others about a seller who ripped me off - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 12-14-2019, 12:31 PM   #1
brian boyd
How to warn others about a seller who ripped me off

How do I make a complaint about a seller in classified ads? I was ripped off and don't want the person to victimize anyone else.

Old 12-14-2019, 01:22 PM   #2
snowgyre
You have to get a paid membership and post in the Board of Inquiry. Complaints against sellers are not allowed in classified or other forum sections.

Old 12-14-2019, 05:13 PM   #3
brian boyd
I was just ripped off and am not allowed to post anything about it to warn others

That means buyers who get ripped off like me cannot warn others unless we pay to be members. That's a terrible policy and allows more buyers to be exploited like I was.

Old 12-14-2019, 05:24 PM   #4
snowgyre
It costs money for the site owner to shoulder the liability of having a Board of Inquiry in the form of a retained lawyer. I'm sorry you were wronged, it absolutely sucks, but I personally find the $25 a year fee to access and use the BOI a solid investment.

Old 12-14-2019, 05:56 PM   #5
brian boyd
Thanks for your response.

Old 12-14-2019, 07:27 PM   #6
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian boyd View Post
That means buyers who get ripped off like me cannot warn others unless we pay to be members. That's a terrible policy and allows more buyers to be exploited like I was.
I agree. It is a terrible policy. But perhaps you missed this thread concerning the "why" of this situation: -> http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=680507

So this "policy" is nothing more than a stopgap between being the Board of Inquiry that used to be open to all registered members, and the quickly approacting new "policy" of the Board of Inquiry being shut down completely to everyone (meaning both posting and reading existing threads) on 02-02-2020. The primary reason the Board of Inquiry is still open now is because I felt I owed it to the members who had donated up to that point and I felt I owed them at least this time period if their donations were, in fact, to support the BOI.

No sense reiterating everything I have already stated before about this change coming, since I feel I have more than adequately expressed such details in the above mentioned thread. Suffice it to say that my choice was the direct result of the choices made by the majority of the abandoning membership here. I fully intended to keep the Board of Inquiry alive for as long as I ran this site. But alas, as the membership lost interest in supporting the BOI, then I could no longer see any reason to continue my support of this tool I offered for them to utilize.

Anyway, with the above in mind, I do not recommend your paying for a membership if your intention is solely, or even mostly, to gain access to the privilege of posting on the Board of Inquiry. Not unless you will be satisfied with what you posted only remaining visible to the public until February 2, 2020. Less than 2 months away.

Sorry about this turn of events. I really did hope that this resource offered by the BOI was more valuable to people and worth supporting. Particularly, on a personal level, with the toll it has taken on me over the years with the constant barrage of lawsuit threats and the general stresses of running a site of this nature.

And as inferred, after 02-02-2020, there will be nowhere on this site to post warnings about anyone's dealings with any other person. Just as there is now no where for any non contributing level member to post such things on this site. With the impending death of the Board of Inquiry, unfortunately my offering help in any way for people who have chosen unwisely about who to do business with, if only via a place that would allow them a chance to warn people, has come to an end. Without my direct experience in any transaction, I cannot act on the alleged actions of any person based merely on their hearsay about another person. No one will be banned because of someone else's claims. No ads will be removed because of such ads allegedly scamming someone else.

But I assume people knew this when I first stated that the BOI was going to be closed. I gave it a year to sink in what this was ultimately going to mean, wondering if what I thought was the value of the BOI would bring an uprising of past members to keep it going, but apparently it doesn't mean all that much to most people. So to put it bluntly, posting ANYTHING about ANYONE will not be allowed anywhere on this site. How strictly I will choose to enforce that change is honestly still up in the air right now.

Disappointing? You betcha.... But it is what it is.

Old 12-18-2020, 12:29 PM   #7
WebSlave
Just a FYI for everyone, but the Board Of Inquiry is now GONE. In the past while the BOI was here, we did not allow BOI style posting anywhere else on this site. That rule is still in force, which means there is NOWHERE on this site now where BOI style posting will be allowed.

You are welcome to private message or email others about such issues, but NOWHERE public on this site will such messages be allowed to remain. An infractions will result from such efforts which will quickly lead up to a ban if ignored.

I have already plainly stated why I shut down the BOI, and allowing the same posts to be made elsewhere on this site is just nonsensical with that in mind. I warned people for YEARS that this was coming unless participation and support turned around, but it didn't, so this is the result. You can't say that you weren't warned.

Emailing me about your issues with another member does not change this. And I am certainly not going to stick my neck out for you, nor take my valuable time to get involved in your problems.

When this industry/hobby threw away the Board Of Inquiry, it also threw away my attempts at helping people get their problems resolved. You can't have your cake and eat it too, and that is that.

From here on out I will simply point to this thread in any replies I make to emails of the above nature. I am tired of repeating myself to people who don't even bother to take the time to read threads in this section.

I have to deal with my own problems, and I sure as heck have no intention of taking on yours too. I tried by offering and defending the Board Of Inquiry in the past, and apparently that wasn't good enough, so I withdraw from making any effort now.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!