Sulawesi Water Skink Care - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Skinks & Tegus Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-12-2015, 12:43 AM   #1
SJdport57
Sulawesi Water Skink Care

Hello, some months back I purchased a pair of Sulawesi Water Skinks (Tropidophorus bacconi) as I wanted a smaller semi-aquatic lizard and these little guys fit the bill and look just like tiny alligators. I did as much research as I could find on these guys and pretty much the general consensus was "like orange eye crocodile skinks" but not much else in terms of details. If anybody has any additional information or a care guide on these reptiles please let me know! I've got them currently in a 20 gallon paludarium but am upgrading to a 40 within a week. I'd love for them to breed (I believe they are a pair as one is significantly smaller and has more cream coloration under the chin) and want to mimic their habitat as closely as possible. Right now they have 1/3rd land and 2/3rd water with small fish, snails and grass shrimp.

Old 12-23-2015, 12:59 AM   #2
Groundhog
Greetings Spencer:

Not quite like Tribolonotus, these guys like more water. Even a 20 gal paludarium is fine, do you have a pic of the new set up? With a shallow water section, a small submersible filter should be adequate.
2) Varied diet, they should learn to accept food from your hands 9but go easy on the waxworms!);
3) I think cherry barbs or rasboras are a good mix (and from the same continent) I wonder if they might eat a grass shrimp that gets close to the surface!

Please send a pic of your set up!

Peace,

G

Old 07-12-2016, 07:12 PM   #3
ReptilianMaster
Sulwesi Water Skink

Does anyone know a site with a care sheet on these animals or maybe a video about their care. Also if there are none then would anyone mind making one please.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!