Desert Iguanas & Steppe Runners with Vision Cage for Adoption to Great Home Only! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Adoptions

Notices

Adoptions This section is for people OFFERING animals for adoption. NOT solicitations asking for free animals.

Old 10-12-2015, 07:35 PM   #1
dkbk422
Desert Iguanas & Steppe Runners with Vision Cage for Adoption to Great Home Only!

Unfortunately, family obligations are forcing me to downsize my reptile collection. I am looking for an excellent home for my little "desert group". A male & female Desert Iguana, both about 1-1/2 years old, male is super super friendly, he will climb up your arm, sit on your shoulder etc., the female gentle but a little skittish but she will approach you if you have food! Healthy, alert, good (no great) eaters & loads of fun just watching them run around & interact...Second, a pair of Steppe Runners, male is 1-1/2 years old & the female is 1 year old. They are really adorable & can be handled as they are gentle but initially they are a little skittish but they are always looking for food so they can be coaxed to relax & be petted etc. They are also healthy, alert & great eaters! They have always been housed in the same enclosure, a large Vision cage, 4 foot x 2-1/2 foot x 14 inches high, more than enough room for each of them to have its own space although they all prefer to sleep together & eat together...The cage is set up beautifully with several caves, lots of desert plants, rocks to dig under & of course, all the lighting, UVB, UVA, Halogen heat lamps etc. to keep them happy & healthy...The Desert Iguanas eat mainly All kinds of greens, collard greens, kale, dandelion greens, romaine lettuce, spring mix etc. but they also like dubia roaches, small mealworms, waxworms etc. The Steppe Runners mainly eat any kind of roach, worm etc. but will also nibble at the greens. I feed them every 2 days, just throw the whole menu in for them, greens (a little of everything...Spring Mix is great because it has a lot of different things in it) & dubia roaches, meal worms & occasionally waxworms (those are more of a treat because they love them & will eat that alone if given the choice!). They are not hard to take care of if you have the proper housing, good food & all the necessary heat & lights...They need a very hot basking spot (I have a little wood log in their cage where they can get right under the light/heat which they love) & there must also be a cooler spot where they can go...this enclosure is big enough to satisfy their needs perfectly...So, I must find a Great Adoptive home for them. I do not want any money or payment for them or their setup & cage I just want somebody who will give them the same kind of care that I have given them & enjoy their company...They really are awesome little creatures & it is very hard for me to give them up but unfortunately, there are only 24 hours in the day & my family needs more of my time & I have several elderly, sick pets that need a lot of care right now...I am in northern New Jersey & you would have to pick them up...would need a vehicle that can transport the large cage, too...If worse came to worse, I could probably deliver in the New York, New Jersey Metro area for gas & tolls...we could work that ought if necessary...You can PM me here on Fauna with a number where I could call or text you or if you prefer you can call or text me at 201-362-7742 anytime...Please keep in mind that there is no charge for my critters or their housing/setup but I must be assured that they will be going to a Great home with a continued good life...thanks!

Old 12-23-2015, 10:46 PM   #2
Groundhog
Sent you a PM (if still available).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!